Epic fail!

M

momof5wants1

Failed the 1 hour glucose test by 13 points, and failed the anemia test too. :cry:

I'm sorry. :( How's your diet?

It's as healthy as I can make it. Oh well, just one of the perks of being of advanced maternal age. Got a sinking feeling I will fail the 3 hour test as well though. :dohh:

Sorry to hear that! I hope you can manage it through diet!!
And as an aside, why do they have to say that you 'failed' a blood test. Like telling women they have an 'incompetent' cervix or a 'hostile' uterus. Horrible choice of words.

Awws!! I have mine Wednesday and I am scared! I wish there was a way to prevent me from failing. Like no sugars until then, yea right.. totally had a king sized ice cream bar today. :haha:

That really sucks, but thankfully, neither is too terrible of a situation.

Iron supplements and extra iron rich foods in your diet (leafy dark greens, as well as red meat, raisins, too), will help with the anemia.

And if you do fail the 3 hour (best wishes you don't), hopefully, you'll be able to manage it with diet and exercise. On the bright side, Gestational Diabetes disappears once you've given birth.

And as an aside, why do they have to say that you 'failed' a blood test. Like telling women they have an 'incompetent' cervix or a 'hostile' uterus. Horrible choice of words.

Not anywhere near as bad as labeling a woman a "habitual aborter" when she's had numerous miscarriages though. Which, I carry that label. :growlmad:

That really sucks, but thankfully, neither is too terrible of a situation.

Iron supplements and extra iron rich foods in your diet (leafy dark greens, as well as red meat, raisins, too), will help with the anemia.

And if you do fail the 3 hour (best wishes you don't), hopefully, you'll be able to manage it with diet and exercise. On the bright side, Gestational Diabetes disappears once you've given birth.

Diet is already diabetes friendly due to dh being overweight and his father being insulin dependent. As for the exercise, not happening unfortunately due to contractions that started to flare up at 24 weeks. And on the down side, you have a 50% higher risk of developing diabetes later in life if you have gestational diabetes, and since I was diagnosed prediabetic in 2004, that would just shoot my odds all the way to 100%. I can't win for losing lately. LOL

Not anywhere near as bad as labeling a woman a "habitual aborter" when she's had numerous miscarriages though. Which, I carry that label. :growlmad:
What a horrible label! There's a great article in sociolinguistics that talks about how all female related med-speak is either woman-blaming or 'broken machine' metaphor. Kind of pitiful really...

It's as healthy as I can make it. Oh well, just one of the perks of being of advanced maternal age. Got a sinking feeling I will fail the 3 hour test as well though. :dohh:

Sorry to hear this! :( How "advanced" is your age? I'm slightly advanced at 36 but managed to make it through the glucose test, perhaps miraculously.

Sorry to hear this! :( How "advanced" is your age? I'm slightly advanced at 36 but managed to make it through the glucose test, perhaps miraculously.

I'm 42. LOL, this was the real surprise baby. Plus I was diagnosed prediabetic in 04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->