Epidurals

I had an epidural because I was induced and the contractions given via the drip were extremely painful. I was glad I had it in the end as I ended up having an emergency C-section so it made that process easier! The epidural itself was great, I had one where I could control the amount of pain relief. The lady who put it in was great as well - she made me suck gas and air through the process so I just found the whole thing hysterically funny!!! I had said prior to the induction that I wanted to see if I could do it without but I certainly didn't feel a failure when I had it, I joked with my midwife that I was a wuss but she said not to be silly and that a lot of women have the epidural put in prior to the drip being started! At least I gave it a good few hours!!!

Having said all that, if you are not expecting a difficult birth and you think you will feel more relaxed and comfortable at the birthing centre then go for it.....gas and air is an amazing thing!!! x

I was dead set against the eipdural and i told OH even if i was begging for one don't let them give me it. BUT being on the drip to get my contractions going i had no gradual build up and they contractions just came thick and fast and strong very quickly and in the end i started to go into shock (shaking and everything, don't be scared if you have to have the drip though this is just my personal experience and you may have a higher pain thresh hold than me). In the end i was begging for one as i was so tired )(having not slept proeprly for days) and when they came and did it, it didnt hurt at all and afterward it was amazing. I couldnt feel a thing. I was in heaven and i even maged to sleep for a couple of hours whilst still having major contractions ( so my OH tells me)

At the end of the day hun it is what you feel is best for you personally. The only advice i can give is have an open mind and try and base your descion on ho you really feel.

Good luck hunni :hugs:
xx

I'd say if you're induced, go for the main hospital but if not, I'd give it a go at the midwife led centre. They can always transfer you if you start to need more help. Don't dismiss pethidine either, some people think it's wonderful!

I was induced and they gave me an epidural which failed. I would have given anything to have one that worked!

LOL I went into labour naturally and the contractions came on fast, right from the beginning of labour they were only a few minutes apart.

I didnt have one but then i had a short birth (4 and a half hours) BUT i am seriously the biggest wimp ever (i cry when i have a smear!!) I must say that although it was the WORST pain ever it was bearable and i did enjoy feeling her come out. Weird but AMAZING! I used gas and air for the last hour and it helped!

I would advise keeping an open mind. You dont know how your labour will be, how long or anything. When I got to the hospital i was 8cms so wouldnt be able to have had one even if i wanted so you should just see how you do. You may cope really well and not even think of one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->