Epilepsy

mossip

Reaction score
Hi my fiance has epilepsy and is on quite a few meds. We r waiting for him to do a spermie test but i think he's putting it off because he's scared about the results. He say's he's not but i think he is. Is any1 else dealing wiv the same problem?
xx

My husband is now epileptic due to all his brain surgerys etc last year.

At the minute hes on epilim chrono and a new drug they put him on last week to replace the first one when his body is used to it or something, i forget its name.

Im not sure what the spermie test is....:shrug: could you tell me??

If u need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me anytime, it'd be nice to have someone to talk to about it.

:hugs: xx

Im epileptic and im on tegretol. What is the test for? x

Thanks hun. Stew is on epilim chrono slow realese, Kepra, clobazam and oxcarbazepine. He's had a rough time over the last 2 years trying to stabilise his seizures. The spermie test is just to c how the are coz we r ttc. We know its gonna b hard and the consultant kept going on about how our lo's cud have it.

How long has your husband had it? Stew got it wen he was 26
:hugs: xxx

Ok the other meds is carbagen or something...i just looked whilst raiding the cupboard for munchies....

Jemma, do u still have seizures with that meds??

Im epileptic and im on tegretol. What is the test for? x

The doctor has put me on that. Im only on 200mg on a night and im wasted. What is your dosage? xxx

Mossip...Mike was in intensive care this time last year and it was thought whilst he was under sedation he had one but they werent sure, and then he had one a few months after he was discharged. So hes been diagnosed epileptic for about 10 months now.

Do your OH have them regularly??

Are you epileptic also Mossip??

He has them all the time. In sept he had 23, oct he had 13 but in sept he only had 4. I forgot to say im on teg for nerve damage in my leg xxx

Im being nosey, sorry. :blush:

Mike has them every few months, las week he had 4 in a row and had to go into hospital for a brain scan.

What type of seizure does he have??

He has complex partial/ tonic clonic. Has he had an eeg? I sat in wiv Stew wen he had his. It was ok till they came to the photosynthesis part and i started to freak out lol. R u on Facebook? Stew has his own group called epilepsy self help and chat. Its great coz u get to talk to loads of people and some of them have partners who have epilepsy. We have a laugh and joke so its not all serious xxx

Yep im on facebook...PM me, and ill add you xx

Hey, Im in exactly the same position my OH has epilepsy he was on Epilin, Kepra and some other drug but they were making him worse he would be fitting for hours sometimes this is the second time he has had epilepsy he had it when he was a kid and it went now it has come back. they thought he had it at new years 07/08 but it turned out to be menijitus and he nearly die!! now his epilepsy is back again but this week they are taking him off his pills to see how he is without them!!!! which i think is stupid TBH because they know what he is like without them!.. anyway to stop rambeling .. OH is ment to be going for his swimmers tested in jan and he is really put of by the idea aswell.

Fingers crossed we wont need to AF is 5days late!! =D :flow: xxxx

I can't believe they r gonna take him off them. r they crazy???/
Stew had 16 turns in 1 day a few years back and the hospitial give him to much sedative and almost killed him. Has your oh's moods got worse since he started taking kepra? Stew is horid sometimes. I no he doesn't mean it but i sumtimes bite back. Its so hard sumtimes tho especially wen he's bad wiv it. Wen he has a turn he usually sleeps for about 2 hours after and wen he wakes up he's horid but i knew he had it b4 we got together but its got so much worse since he moved up here.

OOOOO good luck getting ypur BFP xxx

Im on 900mg in a morning and 900mg at night, yes i still have alot of seizures.

Yehhh omg i have had about 5 wholes in the walls were he has punched them!! At first he wasnt on kepra and he was okaii just a little ratty but on kepra he through the ironing board accross the room and he really isnt a violent man it scared me loads he would get mad really easily then have a fit very nasty!

How long have u had it? Have they tried u on any otha meds? Sorry just been nosy xxx

He was on something before when he was in hospital because he was in there for three weeks then he was home for a week end back in for 2weeks and they were making him go into constant fits when he wasnt fitting he was sleeping and he swallowed his toung and banged his head ended up back in hospital and then they put him on kepra

Yehhh omg i have had about 5 wholes in the walls were he has punched them!! At first he wasnt on kepra and he was okaii just a little ratty but on kepra he through the ironing board accross the room and he really isnt a violent man it scared me loads he would get mad really easily then have a fit very nasty!

Yeah stew was like that wen he 1st started taking it. He's not so bad now just really money. B4 we met he was on teg but it didn't work for him so now in taking 200mg's on a nite and in wasted he's like well imagine how i was on 900 morning and nite. He was on the same as u Jemma. Xxx

Yehh its horrible to see the one you love in that state =[ but you get though together =] i will post again tomorrow im off to bed now =] night xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->