Epilepsy

Its horrible being on so much, they gradually incresed my dose but when i started on this amount they made me feel really ill all time but now they do make me feel ill sometimes but not as bad as i first went on to that amount if that makes sense

yeah hun i only take 200mg on a nite and the 1st mornin i cudnt remember going out the house and gettin to work! I also lost my £70 bus pass that still have 2 1/2 weeks left on it lol. I take my hat off to u for been on such a high dose. If u r on facebook u shud join the group xxx

My mum has epilepsy ... not the same I know but just thought I'd say.

My mum got it when she was 15, she had me and my sister and neither of us have it.

Since she was 15 she has had 2 major seizures (being hospitalised) once when I was 13 the other when I was 14. She is on medication but she still has little 'blackouts' where she will just go blank and not remember anything xx

Is she on many meds? Wen Stew comes round from his turns he cant remember much and neva remembers wot has happened. There was 1 day where he was sure he had broke his watch while having a turn bso he went out and bought a new 1. Thing is he had dreamt it lol. xxx

I'm not too sure to be honest as I don't live with her, I know she has a pill box to remind her when to take them etc as she has a really bad memory!

Thats what my mum is like too. She had one once on the phone to me. So I put the phone down and phoned my dad and he went and checked on her xx

Has your OH been loosing him memory? Matt woke up on a monday and thought it was friday then got really upset when i was telling him it was money and didnt believe me or his phone and had to but the news channel on .. that was scary xx

Wen stew lived in harrogate he had feel and banged his head on the fridge door and cut it quite bad. He rang me and i was on the fone for over an hour talking to him till his auntie came in. She went mad wiv me even tho i was helping him lol. Off they trotted to the hosp and he needed glue to seal it. Wen she realised wot i had done she rang me and apologized lol. Hope your mum is ok xxx

Aww bless him. Its really only wen he's bad wiv it. I do his meds for him and make sure he takes them. Wen he's feeling cheeky he calls me his bliddy nurse lol xxx

Mike also has short term memory problems! Whens hes had a fit he'll get a little aggreesive, he doesnt like being touched or spoken to, he sleeps for about 5 hours and then he doesnt remember anything.

He also calls me mum sometimes after and cant remember the kids names...its worrying, but its easy when u understand they cant help it. I love this thread, thaks for starting it mossip xxx

No probs hun we can help each other. xxx

All ok here, the meds Mike has started taking are making him feel very lightheaded today, and its worrying, but i think hes going to go to the doctors next week if he doesnt feel any better.
Hows things with you???xxx

everythings good. Stew's hasn't had any turns for a few weeks now but he ibs been very tired today. Im hoping he's beta tomoz so he can get out the house. Buffy (the puppy) is really good wiv him and can sense wen he's onu well. The last time he was bad he fell ova on to the door frame she starting barking and lickin him to make sure he was ok. Does Mike drink? Xxx

Hiya hun just saw this thread thought i would reply...im epileptic myself and on keppra. I have no probs with mood swings (tho i am losing hair cause of it!) but i was told to take vit b6 to avoid keppra rage as they call it so ive took that from the start so maybe your other half should take that to avoid the moodiness? Worked for me! xx

Aww thanks gun. I thin he'll try anything coz he hates been like that. He's always apologising bless him =) xxx

I have had Grand mal and petit mal seizures since i was 2yrs old,then just before my 11th bitrhday my seizures just disappeared and i was taken off Tegertol,now 18-19 yrs later i am having seizures again and have been put on Keppra ....i take 500mg twice a day. DH has been scared out of is mind cuz he has never had to deal with anything like this in his life. I ordered my medic alert bracelet today and DH and I have been taking about getting me a seizure dog cuz DH is in the military and has to leave here and there at times. We have 3 kids and are TTC baby #4. So now i am looking for a support group to talk to and to be a friend to those who need someone who knows what they are going though. I will check back to see if anyone has posted in a bit.

I have had Grand mal and petit mal seizures since i was 2yrs old,then just before my 11th bitrhday my seizures just disappeared and i was taken off Tegertol,now 18-19 yrs later i am having seizures again and have been put on Keppra ....i take 500mg twice a day. DH has been scared out of is mind cuz he has never had to deal with anything like this in his life. I ordered my medic alert bracelet today and DH and I have been taking about getting me a seizure dog cuz DH is in the military and has to leave here and there at times. We have 3 kids and are TTC baby #4. So now i am looking for a support group to talk to and to be a friend to those who need someone who knows what they are going though. I will check back to see if anyone has posted in a bit.
Hi how are u? . Do u have fb as there are a lot of support groups on there. My partner runs 1 and there are people from all over. You should have a look. There a friendly bunch. Xxx

Gonna bump this up :).
How's everyone doing? Stews been bad yesterday and today ans during his turns I've been so angry with him even though it's not his fault :(. I feel so quilty about it :cry: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->