Episiotomy - may need restitching

firefly15

Reaction score
I really need some support here. I had a really traumatic birth, had to be induced, ended up hyperstimulated then had to have forceps and episiotomy at the end which resulted in me needing a blood transfusion. i then ended up with an infected haematoma that burst some of my stitches and on top of that I have lost all feeling in my bladder, have had a catheter for 10 days which has just been removed leaving me with a urine infection and now I have to really push to be able to wee on my own. I've just had the midwife visit me today and she had a look at the episiotomy and basically told me it looked like it needed resztitching as it was so open and that if it wasn't then i'd find when I finally hsve sex again the everything feels 'baggy'.

I really seriously don't know how much more I can take. I feel like I'm completely broken, will never be normal again and am just sat here in tears.

Has anyone had to have an episiotomy restitched?

I can't offer any advice but didn't want to read and run .
Sorry you've had such a rough time . :hugs:

My stitches burst 24 hours after they were put in. I had a long episiotomy that ran to my anus and I was sewn up poorly. I asked several people to check me and each time I was told that doctors very rarely re-stitch (unless the majority of the muscular stitches had gone) and I would need to heal naturally.

I seriously would start nagging now to get re-stitched, don't let them fob you off. Took 14 weeks for mine to heal (and I am a healthy girl!) was agony going to the toilet for the first 10 weeks and it ruined the first few months with my daughter as continuous pain really affects a persons mood!

They won't restitch hun, because there will already be scar tissue there and "most" drs won't restith over it x

Hun I had a 4th degree tear , had to be cut had forceps and also needed a transfusion!!! 14 weeks on I am about to have my 2nd repair surgery as I now have a fistula in my rectum going through to my vagina causing poo to seep out my bits on a daily basis!!!!! I know how you feel, dont bottle it up talk to someone. My stitches came undone on week 2 pp, but not in my cut, in my 4th degree tear down my periniruem - they didnt stitch them back up and it has now healed all wrong and wonky....Im told they will be re doing it after I have had the hole sewn up and had my temp colostomy bag put in. Huge huge hugs, dont worry everything will be ok x

Thankyou ladies :flower:

I managed to get an appointment at the hospital to have the stitches, or lack of, looked at and both the doctor and the registrar seemed to think that for now they were ok - healing, but slowly. I survived having a speculum put in to look at the internal ones and apparently they've healed, it's the top layer of the episiotomy that hasn't. They've given me another appointment for just under 2 weeks time to go back to see if they've healed further before offering to re-stitch. They didn't want to give me a general anaesthetic yet as they think everything will heal on its own and they told me everything was properly aligned etc. I hope so as I'm so fed up with being sore and having this horrible wound.

Tiggerpony, I really admire you. Knowing how depressed and emotional I've been about this and my bladder issues I can only imagine how yours has made you feel. The feeling of having no control over what's happening down there is beyond miserable and trying to cope with a baby and no sleep as well is just :wacko: Really keeping my fingers crossed for you that they do a good job on this next restitch and that it heals quickly. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->