Equate brand OPK questions

youngmommy26

Mom of 1 TTC#2
Reaction score
ok so I am waiting for my Wondfo's to come in the mail, but because of the Holidays they got delayed and probably wont' be here in time, So I ran to Walmart and bought a 7 pack of the Equate brand OPK's. Well when I use the wondfo's my line gradually gets darker and get's really dark on Ovulation, then after ovulation it lightens up gradually to nothing. Well I am having a bunch of watery CM today mixed with EWCM, I am having cramping, my cervix is high up, but not completely soft yet, and the opening is medium. Well I used one of those Equate one's just a little bit ago and it is stark white, I have to squint to see the line. But with my experience with Wondfo's I should have a pretty decent line by now. I am on CD13 due to ovulate in 2 days. Has anyone had this issue with these? are they not dependable? was just wondering what other ladies experienced with these.

I used those this cycle! CD 10 I got a line not quite positive and CD 11 I got a line darker than the control line!

I used those last month my opinion won't use them again could never gt a positive but used answer and cheap dollar tree got great positive.

thanks ladies! I'm due to ovulate tomarrow, I have tons of EWCM my cervix is high and soft as well, but my lines were not showing up on those stupid things at all! I went out and bought a 7 pack of First Response and BAM I have a pretty dark line! it's not quite as dark as the test line but it's getting close! My Wondfo's won't be here until the 6th, so I had to run to the store and buy the expensive one's. I will never buy the equate brand again, if I wouldn't have went out last night and got the other one's I would have missed my surge!

Strange! They worked well for me! Maybe I got a good batch. Lol. My line was darker than the control line!

Strange! They worked well for me! Maybe I got a good batch. Lol. My line was darker than the control line!

yeah the reviews I was reading on them were pretty much hit or miss, some women had success some couldn't even get the control line to show up. The one thing I hated about them was I read the instructions on the side of the box before using them, it said to hold them in urine for 5 seconds, well until you read the whole instruction booklet you will see your actually suppose to hold it in urine for 20 seconds, 5 seconds is only for midstream, if you collect in a cup it has to be 20 seconds, so one of them was wasted. but i'm glad you had success with them!

This was my first month using OPKs and I did buy the equate brand at Walmart. I didn't seem to have any problems with them and got an almost positive on CD 11 and a positive on CD 12. I did note the instructions said to hold 5 sec, in mid stream which I tried to do each time. Not sure if it makes a big difference or not, but seemed to go okay. I'm having a hard time spending any more money on it that the equate brands, but I'm afraid to order a bunch online as knowing me, I'll let peeing on that thing consume my whole life, this way I have a little self control...even though it doesn't seem like much:wacko: Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->