Erica Alexandra Burton is Here!

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Well our precious little Erica is here. (We ended up changing the name from Lily). We got to the hospital at 6am. Got prepped for surgery. Went in the room and within a few mins after surgery started, we heard her wonderful, beautiful first cry. It was amazing. I started crying, as did DH. He went to her immediately and cut her cord. After drying her off they gave her to DH, and he brought her over to me for a cuddle. I ended up getting sick on the table, vomiting and shaking, so I had to wait a little bit to snuggle again. I fell in love with her immediately. She was born at 8:14am. 19 1/2 inches long, 8lbs 10oz. She has a full head of hair, and looks a lot like her proud daddy. She had low blood sugar when first born, but after a couple of monitors yesterday, she was fine. I've also been trying to nurse, and have done pretty good so far. She's latching on and sucking, but were using an SNS thing with a little bit of formula, just so she gets enough since my milk hasn't come in yet. DH has one pic in his email right now, I'll attach it, but I'll get more on here in a little bit. We will be here until Saturday morning, and luckily we have loads of help. She is absolutely wonderful tho, and she never wants to leave my arms!

I'm recovering quite well. I'm on pain meds, and they make me really sleepy. (Also cause Erica didn't want to sleep in her bed last night, so I was up with her for hours). I've been walking, and today I had a shower. I got my catheter and IV out today, and am feeling pretty good. I'm able to get up and change her diapers and what not now too. I'm surprised at how quickly I'm feeling better.

This pic is of her, still in the OR, like mins after being born.

https://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z78/Dens_Girl/baby.jpg

yes she is beautiful :)what a wonderful job you did !:)

Awww she is adorable, Im glad Mommy and baby are doing so well :)

Congratulations, she's beautiful!!

Congrats to you all :hugs: Erica is just stunning!!!!!! I am so glad that you are all doing well. :hugs:

shes gorgeous CONGRATULATIONS

She's so pretty !!! Congratulations !

What a cute little bundle!

Congratulations :hugs:

Congratulations!! She is really beautiful! I love 8 lbs. babies, I think they are so cute. I love the name too! How come you changed it from Lily?

congrats on your cutie, she looks like she is smiling already in that pic x

Awww, she's beautiful hun.:hugs: And I love the new name you've chosen for her.:hugs:

Bless, congrats on beautiful little Erica x

Congrats on your beautiful bundle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"