erm....... we just couldn't wait

1stTimeAround

new to it all
Reaction score
hi all...

as you all can see i gave birth to my son 12 days ago :) i was 36w+2 days making him 5 days prem. it was a normal delivery, no stitches and minimal bleeding.

i havent managed to get to docs yet for contraception and last night me and OH gave in to temptation and DTD :blush: and now that we have once theres nothing stopping us doing it again if you get what i mean...

i no they say that a women is at her most fertile time after birth and am now wondering what my chances are...

to make things worse the was an incident the other day and OH now has to go court on the 16th and its not looking good, chances are likely that he will be doing a short spell inside :( causing fiction between my family and OH

OH knows that now he can be coming out to 2 children lol and isnt a bit bothered about it, saying if it happens it happens, and i dont believe in abortions so will see the pregnancy through if it comes back that i am. but having 2 children less then 10 months apart is a scary thought. i not putting it on OH it takes two to tango so to say and it wouldnt bother me to be honest just not looking forward to explaining to certain family members....

any advice x

Use a condom. I have two children 25 months apart and that was hard enough. I can't understand why you'd put yourself in the situation of being pregnant with a newborn while your OH was in jail. Honestly, just not very healthy or good for you OR your baby. :nope:

Good luck hun whatever you decide to.

I can't imagine having another LO at my LO's age (she's 1 tomorrow), it would be awful for me as my LO is at her most demanding just now and just starting walking, tantrums, sleep issues etc. She takes up all my attention and I don't think I'd like to be giving most of my attention to a newborn.

We are NTNP number 2 hoping for around a 2year age gap so I guess that's not too much different :haha:

Hope you get whatever result you are looking for but remember to think about it carefully as hormones go crazy after giving birth.

Good luck hun and keep us updated, if you do have 2 babies very close together of course you will cope as you have to :) xxx

Good luck hun whatever you decide to.

I can't imagine having another LO at my LO's age (she's 1 tomorrow), it would be awful for me as my LO is at her most demanding just now and just starting walking, tantrums, sleep issues etc. She takes up all my attention and I don't think I'd like to be giving most of my attention to a newborn.

We are NTNP number 2 hoping for around a 2year age gap so I guess that's not too much different :haha:

Hope you get whatever result you are looking for but remember to think about it carefully as hormones go crazy after giving birth.

Good luck hun and keep us updated, if you do have 2 babies very close together of course you will cope as you have to :) xxx

I think it's completely up to you & your OH. It'll be very difficult without him around to offer support, though. :(

Good luck with whatever you decide. :hugs:

obvoiusly its your choice and yes i hav heard u r quite fertile after birth, but please just take time 2 think about things bringing up 1 baby on ur own is hard enough believe me let alone 2, i really hope 4 ur sake u havent got pregnant just yet, at least it gives u a bit more time 2 think is this wot i really want?? well gl hun xx and ur baby is adorable x

Hey girl,

I hate to tell ya, but your chances of conceiving 2 weeks after giving birth are very high, especially if you got pregnant easily in the past.

DH and I had sex less than 3 weeks after I gave birth to my DS, we used a condom but it broke, and even though I was breastfeeding, I was so worried that I would be pregnant, so I took the Plan B pill, I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but I believe you have a 4-5 day window after having sex to take the pill and it will prevent you from ovulating, assuming that you haven't ovulated already.

In the meantime, try not to stress, easier said than done, I know, but hang in there, enjoy your precious new baby and wait to see what happens ;)

Keep us posted! :hugs2:

Im not sure about the biological side of getting preg so soon after birth, I would not think you had time to ovulate already?! But remember the residual hormones might cause a bfp for a while yet even tho you may not be pregnant. There was a lady around not long ago that got worried over this..

I can't understand why you'd put yourself in the situation of being pregnant with a newborn while your OH was in jail. Honestly, just not very healthy or good for you OR your baby. :nope:

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->