esyjet

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
has anyone traveled on Easyjet recently? how strict are they with their ONE piece of hand luggage policy? It used to be you could carry a small case AND a handbag/backpack but now they say it has tro be just one.
Also, if you are travelling with a toddler and no extra seat, an you take one small packpack for them? allegedly you can NOT but was wondering if they were actually a bit flexible about this.
any experiences?
thanks!

oh something else - can you take in your hand luggage an EMPTY bottle of water and/or sippy cup??

You can only carry ONE bag per passenger, if you have paid for a seat (think you have to for a 2 year old anyway) then they also have one bag allowance. If they don't have a seat; they have no allowance.

Yes, you can take a empty bottle. Or, you can take a filled sippy cup with you and they make you drink out of it at security to check it x

one carry on bag per seat purchased, yes you can take empty bottles thru.x

I struggle with this as years ago it was one bag and handbag!! I haven't travelled in a long time but personally I'd take a small case and leave space in the top for the handbag, so then at check in/security etc you have one bag, but once on the plane can put the big one in over head lockers and keep the handbag at your feet. No rules about bags in bags!

It is only one bag per person, but i've often taken 2 through and they haven't noticed, occasionally telling me to put my handbag in the other bag.

Have you got a little rucksack with a leash or anything on? Because I've done that before as well as having a separate bag for my LO , and they didn't seem to mind or count it as a bag.

many thanks ladies!

fantastica - so you say that you took a bag for your Lo even when they didn't pay for a seat and they didn't seem to mind?

i really wouldn't count on what others have got through with, people could have got lucky with certain staff but if i was flying with a low cost airline i would follow their T&C's to the letter

Always read the terms and conditions! My mum flew last week and payed to bring an extra bag, fair enough. But when she checked in at the airport was also charged for the weight of the bag. Its never straight forward and their rules always seem to change :confused:

yes, you may be right, better stick to their rules just in case....

Oh no yeah definitely stick to the rules just in case, wasn't saying not to! I had paid for a seat for him so he could take a bag, but they didn't seem to mind the extra back pack as it had like reigns or whatever attached to it.

I can only speak from experience, so here are mine.

If your child didn't pay for a seat, they have no baggage allowance and won't allow a bag for her. Saying that, if you can get one of these:

https://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOfVVlFn9C7ghDiFZM_fmB_THucq3rNen7Z3367bc2_9DPe1p

then they'll usually let you through. /And you can at least pop a book and bottle in it.

Handbag and luggage won't be allowed. Even a small handbag. You'll probably get through check in with it but they'll make you stuff it in while boarding.

Rules have loosened on fluids. They'll let you take a full cup through but you'll have to drink some of it at security. And empty cups are fine.

yes to following all the T&C, dont bring a hand luggage item for someone who doesn't have their own seat.
Im assuming that you have checked luggage so a rucksack should be fine for both of you for a short flight.
change of clothes,few snacks,few toys, take what you need from hand bag such as keys and purse and put your empty handbag in the checked luggage.
sometimes I see people at the airport traveling with a ridiculous amount of hand luggage (on non budget airlines ill add so its not like they have opted not to have a checked bag) and I am always wondering why they need SO much stuff.

yes to following all the T&C, dont bring a hand luggage item for someone who doesn't have their own seat.
Im assuming that you have checked luggage so a rucksack should be fine for both of you for a short flight.
change of clothes,few snacks,few toys, take what you need from hand bag such as keys and purse and put your empty handbag in the checked luggage.
sometimes I see people at the airport traveling with a ridiculous amount of hand luggage (on non budget airlines ill add so its not like they have opted not to have a checked bag) and I am always wondering why they need SO much stuff.

that would be me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->