Evap/dye issue?

Saaj

Reaction score
Hi, my husband had a vasectomy a few years ago now and I have very regular periods of 29 days. I am now 4 days late on my period. However I did have a slightly weird cycle this month with a mid cycle bleed for 3-4 days after doing the deed a week after finishing my period. I don’t know if that would of knocked my cycle of causing it to be late. But as I had these tests in the cupboard I decided to do them.

I used FMU with the first one and it came up with what looked like a positive but the dye was all over the place. So I repeated with SMU and it was negative. I’m pretty sure it was just a dodgy first test especially with the vasectomy in place. But thought I would get some opinions.

13DCF939-757F-4186-B494-2D76215E2D36.png 509A3EDA-6E3B-49C3-9375-D2BBFC8F92A1.png

Last edited:
I have no answers but I can see why you’d be questioning that test!

I have no answers but I can see why you’d be questioning that test!

Yes I was quite taken back when the second line came up, but I did the second test about an hour later and came up negative straight away. Rather confusing.

Last edited:
Wow that top test looks positive! I would be questioning it too!

Yes I was a bit shocked seeing the second line appear, but the second test came up negative straight away :-k

Last edited:
I don't think I could stand to wait another week after getting those tests!

I don't think I could stand to wait another week after getting those tests!

I don’t know if I will last a week to be honest.

I had a bit of a weird cycle though. I had a mid cycle bleed for 3/4 days after doing the deed (enough to have to wear a pad, a little like a light period) I don’t know if the bleed in between would of knocked my cycle off causing it to be late, I only did these tests because I had them already in the cupboard.

Last edited:
How confusing. I hope that you get some answers soon

I still see a line on the second test? Is it my eyes? Lol I would be testing every 5-10 mins not gonna lie :haha: xx

I still see a line on the second test? Is it my eyes? Lol I would be testing every 5-10 mins not gonna lie :haha: xx

I thought I saw a second line too but when it dried out there is nothing there.

Last edited:
I retested today and definitely negative must of been a faulty first test :-k

9B3B0B7D-4E0F-4697-98BC-47A296684DEC.jpeg

Ok I see a line on that one but completely the wrong way :haha: definitely line eye lol I hope it’s the result u wanted hun xx

No idea whats going on still no sign of AF, I’m guessing my mid cycle bleed as messed my cycle up #-o

Swear i see a line on the blue handle one

I’d test again

Swear i see a line on the blue handle one

I’d test again

There was definitely no hint of a second line on it, I have started with a bit of spotting (when wiping) today and sore boobs which usually happens before AF comes so I’m guessing it’s on it’s way. If it hasn’t arrived by the 13th which will be 29 days from my mid cycle bleed I am going to make a doctors appointment to see if they will do bloods just in case :)

Last edited:
Well AF came this evening with a vengeance so it was definitely a faulty first test. At least my husband can relax now that his vasectomy is still good :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->