Evap line?

Ask4joy

Reaction score
I am very new to all of this (first cycle TTC). I had intense shooting vaginal pains early this morning (I am 9dpo) and took a dollar store first choice test which was negative. I was curious what it looked like after the result window and pulled it out of the trash this evening and saw 2 lines. Is the second line an evap line?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 48
I have had some nasty Evaps with those dollar store tests but they never looked that pink and obvious! Fx'ed for you! Can't wait to see your next test.

I have had some nasty Evaps with those dollar store tests but they never looked that pink and obvious! Fx'ed for you! Can't wait to see your next test.

Just took another one which looked negative but 2 hours later this... (Bottom test is the one I took 2 hours ago).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 39
I don't trust the dollar store tests, but like PP, my evap was never that dark! If the line didn't show up within the time frame, I wouldn't say it was a bfp quite yet. Definitely would recommend trying another brand!

wow that second one is so convincing!!! Ive never used those tests we dont have those stores here in Oz but look forward to seeing more tests soon. Rule of thumb is only check tests within manufacturers guidelines (usually within 5-10mins) but maybe you are getting hard to see squinters in that time frame and you are missing them?
Best of luck to you!

Wow! I would think bfp...! But I'm learning $tree tests are not too reliable...

Hm... It looks far too dark to be an evap line, but perhaps wait three more days and take another.

Wow can't believe with those after lines that nothing was visible during the required time frame!! Keep testing! Good luck!

Hmm took another dollar store test this morning at 6:15am and at 10:00 still looks negative with no second line. Guess I'll buy a different test.

Lay one flat after taking it and look after about 15 mins maybe, some cheapy tests need a bit longer than 5-10 mins when it's early x

Took another dollar store test this eve and 2 hours later still negative. I don't get it...why the double pink lines yesterday hours after taking both of the test, morning and evening and today just one line even hours after both tests. I know they were out of the time frame but could it have been a chemical pregnancy that didn't implant?

I am so sorry hun I know how heart breaking this is. Sometimes, there are just dodgy tests in a batch where the rest are fine. Happened to me a while back (not dollar tree, cheap internet ones.)
This is a pic of three tests i did over the course of one day, I then did some FRER's in the evening which were all negative. Just faulty tests. The lines on these came up right away though, not hours later.

Attachments

• tests1.jpg
    tests1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 22
I am so sorry hun I know how heart breaking this is. Sometimes, there are just dodgy tests in a batch where the rest are fine. Happened to me a while back (not dollar tree, cheap internet ones.)
This is a pic of three tests i did over the course of one day, I then did some FRER's in the evening which were all negative. Just faulty tests. The lines on these came up right away though, not hours later.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try not to read too much into it and am going to get rid of negative tests right away to save me the stress. I'm having lots of symptoms (face/jawline/neck has broken out worse than I've ever seen - wondering if prenatal vitamins could be the cause - and feeling very crampy and weepy today)...I'm ready to get this 2WW over with. AF expected in 7-8 days.

I wish you the best of luck, I really hope this is your month xo

Update: 12dpo took another dollar store test this morning - BFN. Had pink "evap" line when I got home from work this evening. Took a FRER after work (after holding pee since noon...I'm a teacher so I'm a master pee-holder lol!) - BFN. Losing hope for this cycle.

Update: AF arrived today, a couple of days before expected but my cycles can fluctuate by a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->