Evening primrose oil and raspberry leaf tea

Lollipopbop

Reaction score
I've read that epr and the tea help to ease/shorten labor. Does anyone have any experience with taking either of these and when did you start? I was thinking of starting at 32 weeks and taking them both in capsule form. Just wanted to see if it's just a myth or if any one has any input

I can't remember when I started as it was so many years ago, think I was a little late to start but I took both in capsule form and my labour was only 5.5 hours. I was in and out of hospital before my family woke up in the morning :haha: I plan to do the same this time! Fingers crossed those are what caused the fast labour and they do so again. Fingers crossed for you also :D

I took both from around 34 weeks... I was in labour for 3 days!

I started red raspberry leaf around 27 weeks with #2, my labor was a whopping 1 hour 23 minutes long. I barely had to push at all, he just kind of came flying out on his own. I started it this time around at 20-22 weeks. We'll see how it goes haha

I started it at 34 weeks ... I however got a csection at 38 weeks LOL

Sounds like it may or may not work haha. I think I'll do it anyway just for the slim chance of a shorter labor!

I took it with both of my kids, and i think the tea is meant to tone your placenta.

With my daughter, her placenta was horrible looking, as it started to disintegrate, and with my son, his placenta was lovely and healthy looking. Both inductions and born 42 weeks.

I probably will still take it anyway, and definitely eat dates- there is actual scientific data to support eating dates.

I haven't tried the tea but I used EPO with my son who was born last year. I inserted an EPO 1000mg soft gel capsule into my vagina as close to the cervix as I could get it every single night from 30 weeks. And I swear it worked wonders for my labour!

The midwife was shocked at how quickly I dilated! I went from 2cm to 10cm dilated in less than an hour! She wasn't expecting me to be ready to push for at least another 6 hours but I knew I was ready because of the bearing down feeling. And after 5 minutes of pushing, my chunky 9lbs 2oz baby born was here. Minimal tearing and no problems afterwards. I actually laughed out my placenta as well to the midwives surprise but I'm not sure that was anything to do with EPO lol.

I'm pregnant again and I will definitely be using the EPO again. Highly recommend it!

Jumping in to add that RRL is meant to tone your uterine muscles so the contractions are more effective. My water broke and the contractions started right away, they were super strong (like cant talk through them strong), and 2-3 minutes apart. Within the 5 minutes it took my doula to get to us, they were sitting at around 1.5-2min apart. My husband ran around the house like a crazy person getting everything I had left out of my bags and putting our daughter in the car. We made it to the hospital and 12 minutes later he was out. I was in my room all of 5 minutes before he was born. The contractions were strong, but not incredibly painful. And like I said, I never really had to push, my body just kind of kicked in and did the work for me. I did have a pretty bad 2nd degree tear, and he broke his collar bone, but it was due to the fact that he came so fast, my body didnt have time to stretch appropriately, and he didnt have time to turn once his head was out.

Im taking it now, hoping for another "easy" labor. Just DONT take more than the recommended dose (mine is 2 pills daily). If its going to work, let it work at that dosage. Taking more could make your uterus incredibly effective. Fast labors sound nice in theory, but theyre terrifying. Im actually starting to have anxiety about it already because one minute youre sitting on the couch watching tv with your husband, and then boom, you have NO control over anything, and less than an hour and a half later youre holding a baby. Its just incredibly overwhelming. My doctors are predicting 45 minutes from start to finish with this baby, RRL or not.

It cant hurt to try it. It worked for me (even my braxton hicks were more intense, so I knew it was working). And it has other benefits. Like possibly preventing PPH and milk letdown.

I took raspberry leaf capsules last time from 32 weeks ish. Won't be bothering this time. :lol: Load of rubbish.

I took RRL in tea form and EPO orally from 32 or 34 weeks with my son. I had a relatively quick labor - 5.5 hours from first contraction to birth. Hard to say if either of those helped or not, but I will probably do both again for this baby.

I took both with my second and when i drank the tea i could actually feel a sort of toning feeling. I had a 3 hour 'easy' labour, turned up to hospital 10cm dilated. Definatrly taking it again this time

I tried both from 36 weeks on and my daughter was still 12 days past due. However, labor was relatively quick for a first time pregnancy. I'll probably do it again just in case it helped.

I took them both.. I do wonder if they actually did anything!

I curious about this. My midwife suggested I start taking it, I've heard wonderful things and am well aware of the benefits. But I naturally have effective contractions and my labors are pretty quick. With my last three I walked around easily at 4-5cm easily for a few weeks before the big day. My third daughter I was 8cm and virtually pain free ! Slightly uncomfortable but definitely not in painful labor! They broke my water to speed things along, and boom the contractions hit HARD and she was born in THIRTY minutes start to me holding her.

I wonder what RRL would do for me?

First girl was 6 hours
Second was 3 and last was 30 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g