Evening primrose oil to aid TTC

J

jane_maisie

Has anyone taken evening primrose oil while TTC?

This is our 2nd month TTC but had my coil removed 4 months ago and since my cm has always been thick and creamy. Ive been taking it for 1 week and should be ovulating in the next couple of days. It has totally changed my cm, so hopefully this will be my month.

Has anyone got pregnant while using evening primrose oil?

I'm also trying it this month so fingers crossed for us both.

Where do you get it, and how do you take it?

You can get it from most supermarkets, boots, etc. I got mine from asda.

You take it from the first day of your period until you ovulate. You can't take it after ovulation. It helps thin cervical mucus and make it more sperm friendly.

I no this is an old post but did anyone have luck with the evening primrose oil???

I've been using it the past three months...first month didn't notice much of a difference. Second month I noticed about 3 days of ewcm whereas before I barely got 1. This month. 4 days of ewcm...so it's definitely improved that - but no bfp yet. Today is only CD 14 of my sixth cycle ttc...so I'm waiting to see how this month turned out.

I am taking 1 1000 mg capsule in the morning from Day 1 of my cycle to ovulation. I also take an omega 3 capsule daily.

I tried it for 2 months, but stuffed up my cycle, delayed ov by 4-6 days and reduced LP from 15 to 9 days, so I would not recommend it for TTC.

On the plus side I had more CM, and my skin was really good, and AF cramps were a lot less painful.

Hi Goingmad

I used it this month for the first time 1000 mg each night with food and I noticed a MASSIVE difference in CM. I also ovulated 3 days early.

as you can see from my ticker I have just got my BFP and I definitely put it down to the EPO and Preseed which I also used for the first time this month.

We only managed to DTD 4 days prior to ovulation, so there must have been some great quality fertile CM for the spermies to hang around in.

Good luck :dust:

x

Thank you everyone! Well i have started on it so lets see how we go :) and ebaz a big congrat's to you! x :)

I have just started using EPO too and also low dose aspirin and FertileCM as I'm on Clomid and it can make things more "hostile"! Does anyone know of anything else that can help things along? Do you think i'm overdoing it on the supplements side??

Well, when I decided we would TTC, I went out and came back with all sorts of vitamins and concoctions, EPO being one of them. I started taking it right away and about 14 days before my first AF showed, I had clumps of what I can only assume was EWCM. I never EVER remember having that, but I was only 16 when I went on the pill, so I didnt really pay as much attention to the toilet paper as I do now, so who knows.

I stopped taking the EPO the day I got that as I read you are supposed to stop it after ovulation, and I started to take it again the day my AF showed. If I get the EWCM again, which should occur around 31/7, I will stop it again.

hi ladies.. i have started on epo this cycle aswell, i dont get ewcm so hopefully it will help.. i have also been drinking grapefruit juice, it is supposed to have a similar effect..
so will see how it goes and let you all know :)

oh and congrats Ebaz!! hope you have a H&H 9 months!

I used both times i got my BFP. You need to watch you OV date though as it has been know to make it late and did for me by two days.

I had been reading about EPO on various different threads and decided to try it this cycle as well. This is my first time using EPO and this will be my third cycle that my dh and I have been ttc #1. I had a +opk yesterday so I have stopped the EPO. My dh and I bd'd two days ago and today. It seems that I am ovulating a little earlier this cycle and would have liked to have got more bd'ing but I have got fx'd!!! Now for the dreaded 2ww...

I only take EPO during AF this way i no it can't cause uterine contraction's after ovulation
I had the implant and ever since 2 years ago when i had it taken out my AF hasn't been normal.Well After Taking EPO my period's have returned to normal :) i think due to EPO balancing hormones out...Oh yeah I have CM say watt !!! lol :happydance: i say :thumbup: 2 EPO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->