Evening primrose oil

JRD

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used this in the last few weeks of there pregnancy?
I've been drinking raspberry leaf tea and heard lots of women swear by using EPO. Any thoughts??

I did with my last two. My MW had me prick the gel capsule and insert it like a vaginal suppository. It didn't really seem to do much for me, though, unfortunately.

Where do you get them?? Is it kind of the same idea as the raspberry leaf tablet thing??

Any health food store and any pharmacy should have them. I think I got mine at Walmart.

I used it and went into labour naturally, something pretty much unheard of in my family! When I had my sweep I was already 3cm dilated whereas with my son (who I didn't use EPO with) I didn't dilate at all pre induction.

I have been considering it (when I know for sure baby is head down....she was breech last appointment) however I was shown this today which I thought was interesting. I will be asking my midwife for her opinion again after I have shown her this.

https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

I personally think it does work effectively! Last Friday (May 17th) I was checked and I wasnt dilated at all. After taking a 1000mg gel tab 1 orally in the morning and 1 vaginally at night this whole week, when I went to my doctors appointment this Friday May 24th, I was 1 cm dilated! So I definitely think it works, I also walk a lot too, so that probably helps along side the EPO! I have been taking them orally since 34 weeks, but didn't start vaginally until 36 weeks (May 17th)!

I highly reccomend it. I was 3 cm dialated by 39 weeks when I was induced for my blood clotting issue. I had a pretty good labor that was only 12 hours. Made it to 7 cm without an epidural and my plan was only 5.

I have been considering it (when I know for sure baby is head down....she was breech last appointment) however I was shown this today which I thought was interesting. I will be asking my midwife for her opinion again after I have shown her this.

https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

Im 31+2. I went shopping on Sat and I brought RLT and 2 lots of EPO. I had a tough labour via induction last time which ended up in C Section. Therefore, i want to have more knowledge this time and also try different options out there to prepare my body. But, now I'm in 2 minds after reading the articles you posted........

I don't know what to do?

What does epo do?

It can help to induce labour if your body is ready, basically it acts as a prostaglandin and encourages dilation by helping babies head engage deeper into the pelvis and triggering contractions (but often just BH's). My MW said to start using it from 37 weeks- it's something which needs time to work.

These studies are about pal use. I chose to do it vaginally. When I started I wasn't dialated after 3 weeks I was 3 cm. I used quite a bit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->