Every labour and delivery is different!!

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Our second little man arrived on 9th June 2019 at 3.01am weighing 8lb 3oz. I loved reading back my labour story from last time so thought I had better document this one here too! It’s a long story!

My due date was 27/05 however as my first had been 13 days overdue I was pretty sure this one would be too.
On 03/06 I had an appointment booked to have a sweep. I asked the midwife to be quite rough as by this point I was fed up of being pregnant and in pain! She did the sweep and I was 2cm and 50% effaced, I immediately had a bloody show and lost a lot of mucus plug. The sweep was done at 10am and by lunchtime I was having some pretty noticeable pains that were coming quite regularly 5 mins apart.
By 4pm I had convinced myself the sweep had worked, still having pains I asked my husband to come home from work and called to the hospital. They said we could go in to be checked.
After a few hours of contracting regularly at the hospital and walking round trying to get things moving we decided to go home. We figured if things got worse we could always go back later on. At home we went to bed and woke up at 7am the next morning wondering where the contractions went!
Another sweep was booked for 06/06. Again it was a similar story, 3cm 75% effaced. Had some pains afterwards that wore off after a few hours and by the next morning I had convinced myself we would be induced that weekend.
Fast forward to 08/06 and we were scheduled to go in at 10am for an induction pessary, got to the hospital for them to tell us they couldn’t do it because I was already 3cm and there wasn’t anyone that could break my waters so the only thing they could do was another sweep.

Again when we got home I had regular pains that I told myself would wear off again after a few hours. I had a bath that evening and they continued but weren’t too painful. Went to bed at 10pm and as soon as I got in bed the contractions intensified massively and it was time to go to hospital.

We got to the hospital around 11.45pm and started using a tens machine and gas and air. Within 45mins I had gone from 3cm on arrival to fully dilated. I got in the pool and started pushing. Little man was not budging so after and hour or so we were moved to another room in case we needed another instrumental delivery. One of the midwives examined me and there was some waters left in front of baby, she broke that and around half an hour later I pushed my baby out. No stitches just a few grazes. Baby had the cord round his neck and had actually tied a knot in his cord too!

All in my labour was established for 3hrs 15mins. Much better than the 14 hours first time round. I feel very proud of the way I was able to deliver my baby :)

Congratulations hun what a lovely birth story! My first was 7 hours and my second was 2hr 15 mins, this baby will probably end up being delivered on the car on the way to hospital lol! X

Awwww congratulations sweety lovely. I love reading the birth stories makes me so broody. Cant wait to have my little man. I'm due October 14th but will be having him in sep due to gestational illness so not much longer to wait now.
Congrats again

What a whirlwind. Lovely birth story
Congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back