Every Two Weeks

TheJynx

Reaction score
Hello, Ladies.
Every other week I'm on my period. This started back in December and I don't understand why.
Does this mean I am not ovulating or could I possibly have hyper short cycles now? I don't really know.
I can feel when I am going to be on them because I still cramp REALLY bad (more than I ever used to) and it hurts sometimes a week before hand (so the week after I had a period but the week before I have the next). I really don't know.

Any idea?
I want to see my doctor about it but currently I'm stranded up the no insurance creek with no sight of any paddle anytime soon.

I'll probably research this, it's different. Are you in the US? There are ways to see a doctor and have help paying for it. And I would also check about a self pay price. They usually give you a discount.

I'll probably research this, it's different. Are you in the US? There are ways to see a doctor and have help paying for it. And I would also check about a self pay price. They usually give you a discount.
I am in the US. Currently, I should be able to qualify for medicaid but cant apply since I need my father's tax and pay information since I haven't been out of the house over 5yrs (FL's setup is odd). I cant afford to go to a doctor yet but its weird. My boyfriend is even a little concerned and asking his mom and sister what is wrong with me at this point.
I'm not sure if its anovulation or if I'm getting 2 in one month.

I'm sorry about the insurance problem...I know how that is and it sucks. But maybe you can do research as to options in your area for people in your position...ie. free clinics/discounts/payment options. I think you're just going to have to see a doctor. There's got to be something causing cycles that short, but likely something that can be fixed. My first guess would be some kind of hormonal issue. Bright side - with some meds, you should be able to regulate your periods. It might not necessarily mean you're not ovulating (especially if your AF is normal flow...anovulatory cycles end in very, very light periods usually), but it most likely does mean your luteal phase is extremely short, which makes it very difficult to conceive.

I hope you figure out a way to be able to see someone. Good luck, darlin!

Btw, here's an interesting article that might help. https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/shortcycle.htm

I'm sorry about the insurance problem...I know how that is and it sucks. But maybe you can do research as to options in your area for people n your position...ie. free clinics/discounts/payment options. I think lure just going to have to see a doctor. There's got to be something causing cycles that short, but likely something that can be fixed. My first guess would be some kind of hormonal issue. Bight side - with some meds, you should be able to regulate your periods. It might not necessarily mean you're not ovulating (especially if your AF is normal flow), but it most likely does mean your luteal phase is extremely short, which makes it very difficult to conceive.

I hope you figure out a way to be able to see someone. Good luck, darlin!

Btw, here's an interesting article that might help. https://www.ovulation-calculator.com/shortcycle.htm

Thank you for your reply :)
I have (or was suspected to have) PCOS. Before, when I was on implanon (retired that about half a year ago or so after two years of use) I only got my period once every 3-7months and now that I'm off, its every two weeks. At first it was once a month and now its coming at me all the time.
On the down side, I'm not sure how keen they will be on putting me to hormone medication since I'm only 19. Metformin was one of the drugs I had to use when I was 16 but the side effects were WAYYY too much for me but I'm highly considering begging my doctor to either get me on some kind of hormone balancer or metformin again when I am back on medicaid.

Your age should have nothing to do with getting your hormones under control. With that bit of info, I'd almost guarantee it's a hormone thing. Hey, you don't even have to tell them you're interested in TTC. Just tell them you're miserable and they've got to do something to fix it. Nobody should have to have AF that often! Go to a female doctor..she'll understand.

Your age should have nothing to do with getting your hormones under control. With that bit of info, I'd almost guarantee it's a hormone thing. Hey, you don't even have to tell them you're interested in TTC. Just tell them you're miserable and they've got to do one thing to help you regulate them. Nobody should have to have AF that often! Go to a female doctor..she'll understand.

Well, with medicaid soon I may be able to find a nice lady doctor :)
Love the article you linked. Really informative. I didn't know a lot of this. I am deficient in progesterone (or last they checked a couple years ago it was that way and my androgens were slightly higher than they should have been).

Have you ever tried temping? It would tell you if you are ovulating or not, and if so how long your luteal phase is.

I would try temping and opks for a few cycles. Opks are cheapest if you buy wondfos off amazon. You could try supplements like fertailaid and see if that helps lengthen your cycle. I've had great luck with acupuncture regulating my cycle, I pay $35 per session and go about twice a month.

Would you have insurance for you and baby if you got pregnant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->