Everybody hates 'Adelaide' :-(

C

Cheeksters3

Hi everybody,

I'm only 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, but I've always loved the name Adelaide and when I mention it to people they always say either "hmmmm, ok...." OR "don't call her that!".

Am I on my own in loving this name?

Adelaide Olivia OR Adelaide Aurora

Hi everybody,

I'm only 5 weeks pregnant with my 3rd, but I've always loved the name Adelaide and when I mention it to people they always say either "hmmmm, ok...." OR "don't call her that!".

Am I on my own in loving this name?

Adelaide Olivia OR Adelaide Aurora

I prefer Adelaide Olivia, if I'm honest I'm indifferent on the name - I don't love it and I don't hate it. At the end of the day it's your choice so who cares what people think?

We didnt tell Anyone our names because we wanted it to be a surprise. People won't make judgements when the child is here and introduced as XYZ.

Maybe just don't tell anyone your ideas and then people won't comment, then when baby comes they won't place their opinions as you've already chosen:thumbup:

X

Thanks guys. I love it, it's very fantasy/princess sounding :)

I'm not a fan personally, but as long as you love it that's all that matters!.

I prefer the combo Adelaide Olivia.

:flower:

https://youtu.be/CbAaad27NbM

Adelaide, Adelaide, Ever loving Adelaide!

Frank cannot be wrong! :thumbup:

It's a lovely name. People will have mixed opinions on any name, just have to ignore them.

I like Adelaide, I think its pretty :thumbup:, as someone else said there will always be people that will turn their nose up at the name you choose. Thats why Im not going to tell any friends or family the names we choose if we are lucky enough to have another, not until he/she is here and we have given him/her their name :nope:

I like Adelaide! It's really cute and I love Addy as a nick name. I'm going to go against the flow here and say that I prefer Aurora as a middle name.

I had that name on my list for dd2 and got the same response. I wish I had just not told anyone. People always want to help name the baby, but in the end it's really you/oh's choice

I like it! I know an Eli Adelaide so never thought of it as a girls name but it's very pretty:)

Love it! Ignore people, people can be stupid.

I also prefer the Adelaide Aurora combo, so pretty!

I live in Adelaide so would be weird for me to use it but it is popular over here in Oz. People used to say stuff about my choice of name for my third but I loved it and as hard as I tried to come up with something else I never loved anything as much, I'm so glad I stuck with it despite people's reactions, so go for it you'll only regret it if you don't :).

I LOVE the name Adelaide. You really shouldn't put too much weight on what others think of your choice in a name though. If you love it that's all that matters.

I love Adelaide. And I love both combos, but Adelaide Aurora would be quite a moutful if you have a long last name. So I'll say Olivia.

I think it's a very pretty name, and I think you should use it if you like it! We told our name choices to people before our first was born and heard so many opinions and criticisms, it was really frustrating. Now we never tell the name until after the baby arrives.

Adelaide Aurora is very pretty :)

I've only met one Adelaide in my life, but I remember at the time thinking how unique and pretty it is :)

I really like Adelaide Olivia, but that's because I like silly nicknames for kiddos and I'd call her Addy Olly, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->