everyone else is more excited than I am...

southerngirl2

Reaction score
I am 10 weeks and I'm just not near as excited as everyone around me is... and I feel like crap about it... My husband want to kiss and rub my stomach often... My mom is so happy she cries at the thought of the baby. My mother in law is trying to shove boy clothes at me already... And I'm over here feeling guilty because I should be the most excited person of them all... but I'm not... is this normal? Does anyone else feel like this?

Were you not trying to get pregnant? I can completely understand not being overly thrilled if it was a surprise...but everyone reacts differently. I wouldn't beat yourself up just because you're not crazy obsessed and impatient like most women on here lol.

Im not really excited either probably because my babies are so close together..but yeah

Were you not trying to get pregnant? I can completely understand not being overly thrilled if it was a surprise...but everyone reacts differently. I wouldn't beat yourself up just because you're not crazy obsessed and impatient like most women on here lol.

We were trying. And I'm excited... just not as excited as others around me... I'm going to mention it to my doctor when I go next week... I just feel like I'm crazy for not being over excited about it all the time...

Im not really excited either probably because my babies are so close together..but yeah

This is my first one... I think it might be my fear of losing the baby that is keeping me from being so excited... I'm not sure...

I had the same fear with my first took a year n half of ttc to conceive her but pregnancy went fine and she will be 2 soon...hope it helps to calm your fears...I think everyone has those thoughts...tc

My SIL is crazily excited about my little bean. And my mum keeps patting my bloat! I am excited but I am also scared of being excited because we have been on this journey for over 3 years and we have had 2 losses and I'm feeling more scared than excited. I'm hoping once I get into the second trimester I can relax and enjoy. But if you are feeling a little apprehensive or concerned I would speak openly about it with your doc or midwife. I know my doc very patiently listened to all my fears and anxieties and helped to reassure me.

I'm finding it difficult to get too excited yet. Once I hear the heartbeat I'll let myself get excited. Right now I'm in the mindset that if I buy anything it'll jinx it or something.

Once you have the scan hun I think that's when the real excitement starts. I am the same we were ntnp and it took me by surprise I must be honest! I am excited but not as much as I was when I fell for ds. I think because I wasn't expecting a BFP it is still taking a while to sink in! I know when we have the 12 week scan and fingers crossed everything is ok that is when the real excitement starts kicking in 😁. You will be fine it is hard when everyone else is acting all crazy though - it is just protective Mummy hormones kicking in for you and wanting to know everything is ok before you get super excited 😉

To be totally honest, I never felt excited either time in first tri, and we tried for 8 years to have a baby. Some days I even thought "omg what have we done! A baby? Argh!"

I blamed it on hormones, feeling yucky and feeling unsure about everything.

I also worried lots about losing each pregnancy.

With Sophie I was pretty distant from the pregnancy and not at all excited until I had my 12 week scan. I had a huge burst of love for that little bubba. She was so cute. Before then I wasn't excited at all.

I worried all through first tri- totally normal. I try not to think about it now, so I don't (still use doppler every few days to make sure he's alive!). But- at 18 weeks I'm just now getting to the point where this feels real, and I'm starting to let myself get excited!

Good luck! :)

Same here. I think I'm worried about jinxing it too (I'm at 7 weeks) I think I'll get more excited when I have my first prenatal (not until 10weeks) and tell people. I've read enough horror stories to be cautious but once in a while I think OMG. I just don't think it's set in yet maybe.

I think it's perfectly normal. I'm not really excited at all. I think it's partly not want to get my hopes up because we've tried for a long time and also because it is really overwhelming. We heard the HB on Monday and I started to get a little bit more excited but still not nearly close to the level of excitement MIL and DH are at.

This is my first one... I think it might be my fear of losing the baby that is keeping me from being so excited... I'm not sure...

I feel the EXACT same way. I m/c 3 months ago and honestly everytime I go give blood or (today) went in for an ultrasound I'm waiting for them to tell me I'm going to m/c again. I feel guilty too about it. I think once I hit 3 months(if I do) then it'll hit me and i'll be overjoyed about it. I just do not want to be so happy and then hit rock bottom again like I did last time, id rather be prepared for the worst. The more good news you get from your doctor the more the fear of losing the baby will go away. Try and stay hopeful and positive! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->