Everyone leave me alone!!

pachamama92

Reaction score
I wish my parents would stop phoning me to ask if any change. Then they say they're just sooo anxious. Even though I've told them to cool it!! I don't care if you are anxious. I will tell you when the baby is born.

This is because last time we didn't tell anyone till after the birth. This time they're obviously making sure they are kept in the loop despite our wishes. Ohs family arent doing this. Mine didn't do it last time so this is purely selfishly because they want ti force me to tell them.

I doubt I can reply without annoying you so I will just send my love x

Lol, thanks!! Omg, I am such a nightmate to be around this pregnancy

I know how you feel. My mum keeps ringing & texting me to ask how I am too. It's getting a bit annoying now. I've already told family we'll let them know once there anything is happening!

I know how you feel. My mum keeps ringing & texting me to ask how I am too. It's getting a bit annoying now. I've already told family we'll let them know once there anything is happening!

Exactly!! I feel like I'm under some sort of added pressure. They've been on like this since 36 weeks saying "any day now!" "Any twinges?" "Still no sign?" I've only just reached my due date!! What would be really helpful is maybe a "let us know if there's anything we can do" but no.

In fact, they are coming to visit in a few weeks (they live in another country) and the only thing they keep going on about is how they are looking forward to a holiday and If they could post somé clothes over do they don't have to pay for a suitcase on the flight!!! Would I mind picking up their parcels at the post office (which is the other side of town and I haven't got a car.) Yes that's going to be really easy with a newborn, a three yr old and their massive packages of clothes. Really, I think it is their general selfishness that gets me. They aren't actually concerned about how things are going. Just fake concern. Wooooww rant central here!! Sorry!!!

I would mess with them and not answer their calls or texts for 24 hours. Make them think the baby came. Text them a picture of a newborn that isn't yours. Then maybe they will stop asking because they'll know you're being sassy.

My grandparents are terrible for it. They usually phone while I'm at work and trying to juggle 120 different things. They worry if I don't answer so I can't even ignore them anymore :haha:

I'm getting bored of how are you? Not long now...how have you been feeling. Well same as yesterday. I'd like to meet baby but feeling fine really! At least they're concerned, they could be totally apathetic so I guess that's a good thing.

They're just excited. I know plenty of women who would love their parents to be as excited/involved as they seem to want to be.

As annoying as it can be (my inlaws annoyed me so much in first pregnancy) they're just excited to share this time with you

This is the one thing I am really not looking forward to! After about 36 weeks my mum usually starts the one a day phone call which doesn't even start with "hello" instead the first thing she says is "any pains???" By about 38 weeks it turns into two phone calls a day "any pains?" No matter how many times I say no and if I did have pains I would tell you, she doesn't listen and still does it daily! I wouldn't mind but with all my others I had her come with me when I gave birth so she knew I'd phone her when I was in labour! This time may be worse because I'm not having her come in this time and she has this desperate need to be the first to know everything or she will get angry if someone finds out before her, so I can imagine I'll get even more phone calls, I tried not answering my phone before and that never worked she rang constantly and turned up at my house to make sure I wasn't in labour and just not telling her.... I feel your pain Hun! I understand they are excited but cool off a little lol

Ugh, I feel you on this!! I had to stay with my mum for 3 weeks because we were having work done on our house, and she was convinced that I'd have the baby while we were there.. Despite being nowhere near ready! Then, she started making comments about how she wanted him out now so she could meet him, even if that made him premature! I, of course, had a go at her about this, but her eyes still light up at the thought of any movement! I was having period pains the other night & she made such a fuss, got so excited! I told her it was nothing, it stopped when I moved position & was constant, rather than coming & going. Mentioned it to the MW & it's just my uterus trying to get baby to engage. Lol. While I was at my Mum's, I had an IBS attack & she got all excited, thinking baby would come that night. Sorry, Mum.. Just needed a poo :haha:

Whenever I go to the shops, I get a lot of 'not long to go now', 'how are you feeling' & 'how long have you got left'? I don't mind the questions, but I do wish people would remember the answers & stop asking me over & over! Lol.

My Mum is extra miffed I think because DH & I have decided we want a week alone once Oliver gets here. Just us. We need to relax, get the hang of things ourselves before we have anyone over. We're not getting help from our families, so anyone coming over would be purely to hold Oliver & while I don't mind that, I really want to learn how to cope first! Also, my Mum is likely to be unwell & not tell me before she comes over, so I'm trying to put it off as long as I can! I ended up with a bad cold while I was with her as she just coughs & sneezes all over the place. Hmm.

I don't think I could stand it if anyone called me every day.. I'd turn my phone off :haha: I did tell my Mum that I would do that if she bothered me all the time once he's here!!

Just remember it could be you one day worrying about how your precious baby is coping with impending labour ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->