Everyone should read this..

Iwantbabydust

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I received a BFN (well I have terrible line eye, so I doubt theres even a squinter there) On a One step IC. So I researched what other ladies make of these tests. 80% of them said they were total crap, they were getting BFN's at 14dpo+ but strong positives on FRERS. The other 20% said they were fairly reliable.

I'm talking about the specific brand "one step" not any other IC you could mistake them for.

While doing my research, I found a news article. It's not bogus, as it comes from the guardian.com. They have been banned in australia . I don't know if anyone else knew this. Anyway, here's a snipet of the article. (I will also post the link for full article) :

A commercially available, home-use pregnancy test has been recalled in Australia after producing false negative results, prompting a sweep of the market that led to a further nine products being removed and more subjected to regulatory action.

The One Step HCG urine pregnancy test was recalled after a family planning clinic alerted the Therapeutic Goods Administration to three instances of false negative results.

The TGA found the test to be insufficiently sensitive to human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), which is an early indicator of pregnancy. Some home-use tests claim to be able to detect extremely low levels of the hormone, as would be present within a week of conception.

The One Step test, sponsored by Minco Import and Export, was removed from the register of therapeutic goods allowed to be sold in Australia.

10miu my ARSE! I'm never buying these again.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ecalled-after-false-negative-results-reported

Oh noooo!!

I just bought a batch of their ovulation strips and pregnancy test!!!

xx

Yeah I saw this article ages ago, but it's Australia so I don't know if ours in the UK are any different?

I've used them for years with no issues

I've used them for years with no issues

Same here. I have had one evap, lots of shadows but when they have been positive it's clear to me they are positive and have had positives as early as 7dpo with them

Phew, you girls cheered me up - I still have like 20 pg tests and maybe 80 ovulation ones xD Tho, ovulation ones are okay for me, never been preggers so don't know about pg ones.

Tho, if my AF was ever late more than one day, I'd probably go out and buy more "serious" test anyways.

The two specific tests I absolutely hate and won't use again are Clearblue early detection (had really thick blue false lines on two of these) and Cassanovum 10mIU ICs because they too give false positives and almost always give evaps too. Nightmare tests

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->