Everyone's gender prediction about MY baby

We haven't found out the sex of baby and most people instead of saying whether they think it will be a boy or a girl have said 'you must be hoping for a girl this time' because we already have a son. When I was newly pregnant everytime someone said it I would be so angry, neither DH or I mind whether baby is a boy or a girl and I don't mind having 2 boys or a boy and a girl, if we had 2 boys they would still be just as different as a boy or girl because they are different people in their own right.

Everyone has now moved on to telling me its a girl because this pregnancy has been the opposite of my first. My mum had 2 pregnancies completely different and me and my sister are definitely both girls :haha: Also going by most old wives tales out there my son should have been a girl...and he's definitely not!

Sorry for the rant, I just get annoyed because I feel some people spend so much time trying to guess or comment on the gender of the baby they forget that regardless of sex that baby is a little individual that deserves to be treated like one. I do think some people have good intuition but at the end of the day they have a 50\50 chance of getting it right so luck could just be on their side! I hope everything goes well for you and even after everything I said a small part of me hopes you do get to prove them all wrong :haha:

I hear what you're saying!! And thanks for hoping I get to prove them wrong :haha: I know it comes from a well intended place. I know they don't realize it's annoying me (except my MIL). And I know that it's already decided, done, and no matter what I "want" or anyone says, it just simply doesn't matter! I honestly feel like it's a boy too... And I will love him so much! It's just the thought of my daughter having a sister close in age is so sweet to me. Idk... Lots of emotions in it all. :dohh:

You all have made me feel so validated! Thanks so much for "getting it". It makes me feel so much better because I was honestly starting to feel guilty for getting annoyed! Again I know it's just fun for them to speculate and guess. But what makes them so sure?! That's the annoying part!! Like when my friends get pregnant, I have no idea what they're having! I take a guess bc they ask me to, but immediately say, Im just taking a shot in the dark. But man, my friends and family just are adamant! Anyways, thanks again ladies. You've really made me feel better :)

I'm pregnant with my third after having 2 boys. I'm convinced it will be another boy and to be brutally honest it breaks my heart. Obviously I'll love the baby no matter what but I would love to have a daughter and the thought of not having one genuinely makes me so upset. I'm fed up of people telling me this will be my girl as I know when it's not that I'll get the comments that aren't you disappointed its another boy which I really wont want to hear.

Bless your heart! Yes that definitely sounds more upsetting than my situation. When do you find out?

Thanks :hugs: we're staying team yellow to the end so another 3 months to go. I've totally accepted its most likely to be another boy and I can already imagine saying his name etc but it doesn't mean I want to hear any thoughtless comments from strangers thinking they're being kind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->