• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone's Sick!

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
Since finding out we were pregnant, I've been extra diligent in taking my prenatals, eating very healthily (90% organic, working toward 100%!) and washing hands/avoiding sick people.

I've found that I get very freaked out when someone is coughing, sneezing, etc around me. I am even avoiding the grocery store as much as possible! :blush: Maybe I'm taking this a little too far... but seriously, the last thing I want right now is to get sick! I hear people coughing and sneezing in all corners of my office and I have to fight the urge to yell at them to go the f--k home and get better! :haha: Really though, I was always thought it was inconsiderate when people show up to work visibly ill, but now I think it's downright irresponsible! Too bad I can't tell them WHY exactly for another several weeks... :dohh:

Are there any negative implications of getting a cold or cough in early pregnancy? I realize more severe illnesses can have malevolent effects, but the common cold?

You will be fine if you pick up a cold, obviously "proper" flu is a risk, but very few people actually ever get really flu, they just get bad colds/virus.

Sniffs and colds are all part of life and shouldn't cause you any issues, but obviously if it can be avoided all the better. Everything you're doing is a great way to boost your immune system the worse thing with cold and pregnancy ( because it's bound to happen to you at some point) is that you can't take much for it, but the cold itself shouldn't harm.

you and baby will be fine.

Everyone person in my office has been sick. None of them have young children. However, I work evenings with kids - teaching dance...sometimes quite hands on when properly positioning kids - and I haven't been sick.

I am not the healthiest eater, but I have found making sure I take my vitamins, drink water, wash my hands before eating and after using the washroom, plus getting proper rest I have beat a couple cold/flu seasons.

I have also gotten my flu shot (controversial topic on here, I am just stating what I have done for me)

I am usually against the flu shot - as someone said it's controversial - but I think I am going to get it in 2nd trimester. I also am concerned every time I hear someone sneeze and living in a very cold climate, flu is common here.

The other day my boss came in sick so I told him I was going to work from home. Luckily it was an option that day!

No risk with the common cold though. You will just feel crappy b/c you can't take anything. If you get a fever call your doctor as a body temp over 102 is a risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->