Everything is going numb!

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
When im sleeping ill wake up to my hand feeling super swollen numb and stinging its very painful and annoying and then when im on the computer shopping online or checking emails the hand thats on the mouse (usually my right hand) swells up and goes numb. THEN when im using the restroom my legs get all tingly like there about to go numb..I dont have Gestational Diabeties (thats usually what comes up when i google) does anyone have any prior experience or a really good guess what it could be? I have an appointment on the 18th i plan to bring it up to my doctor cause its been going on for id say a month now so its kinda starting to concern me a little...i was going to wait unless any of you experienced this and think i should call then asap or go in to L&D. <- I dont think its that serious but then again i have no idea what im dealing with! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

I have this a lot, especially in my hands. It is carpal tunnel syndrome caused by the extra blood volume from being pregnant. All that extra blood pushes on the nerves going through your wrists (or elsewhere) and causes the numbness. It is annoying, but not generally harmful and will go away after pregnancy- yay!

Some people get relief from wearing wrist braces that keep their wrists from bending, but they just put more pressure on my wrists and don't help me at all. It might be worth mentioning to your doctor for suggestions. Hope you get some relief!

I had "numb-tingling-swollen-hands-when-waking-in-the-morning" syndrome too! Just to put ur mind at rest it is completely normal and fine . Just make sure you keep wiggling your fingers round and moving ur arm about when you're on the computer to help it. As the PP said, its carpel tunnel syndrome, and yes, it does go away after baby is born! Xx

The tingling in your hands is most likely carpal tunnel syndrome. You can get splints from GP or Physio to help alleviate some symptoms. The funny feeling in your legs is most likely due to pressure on some nerves in your lower back, caused by your softened ligaments and change in posture. Some simple exercises can help this so speak with Physio.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->