EWCM before, after or on ovu date. TMI!

a_florrick

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry in advance if this is TMI! :nope:
I am wondering if anyone can explain this properly for me?

I usually have a 'main blob' of EWCM which is quite thick (I am somehow still always amazed by how thick it can be) when I wipe on around the 11th day in my cycle. In the past we have tried dtd before, on and after this date and we have been trying for 16 months. My bloods and ultrasounds all came back fine and we are waiting currently on sperm test results. My doctor did re-test for progesterone on CD21 (as it was low, but not outside of normal levels) and it came back higher when tested on CD20, which lead me to think that maybe I o'd slightly earlier than others. On the ultrasound I got confirmation that last month I definitely O'd as the technician said she could see the collapsed follicle. (very positive since this! Yay!)

ANYWAY! I am mostly concerned with the EWCM. Should I be seeing this 'blob' before the watery CM and therefore a day or few days BEFORE O? Or does this usually come out afterwards? If so, then I might be ovulating as early as CD8 or 9? Agh!

OR! Does the blob come out as a sort of 'plug' followed by the water cm (I have read this recently on a forum and can't find anything anywhere else about it?)

PLEASE help me and tell me what is normal for you! In relation to this month, we couldn't dtd before the 11th and so we did every day afterwards. Couldn't OPK until 12th, but haven't had a positive since then. Do you think I missed it?

Thanks.

Hello,

I usually have a 'main blob' of EWCM which is quite thick (I am somehow still always amazed by how thick it can be) when I wipe on around the 11th day in my cycle. In the past we have tried dtd before, on and after this date and we have been trying for 16 months. My bloods and ultrasounds all came back fine and we are waiting currently on sperm test results. My doctor did re-test for progesterone on CD21 (as it was low, but not outside of normal levels) and it came back higher when tested on CD20, which lead me to think that maybe I o'd slightly earlier than others. On the ultrasound I got confirmation that last month I definitely O'd as the technician said she could see the collapsed follicle. (very positive since this! Yay!)

ANYWAY! I am mostly concerned with the EWCM. Should I be seeing this 'blob' before the watery CM and therefore a day or few days BEFORE O? Or does this usually come out afterwards? If so, then I might be ovulating as early as CD8 or 9? Agh!

OR! Does the blob come out as a sort of 'plug' followed by the water cm (I have read this recently on a forum and can't find anything anywhere else about it?)

PLEASE help me and tell me what is normal for you! In relation to this month, we couldn't dtd before the 11th and so we did every day afterwards. Couldn't OPK until 12th, but haven't had a positive since then. Do you think I missed it?

Thanks.

From my understanding EWCM usually comes 1-2 days before you O. And its the most fertile. So if you have EWCM for 2 days then the second day is when you O and the creamy CM is confirmation that you O'd. All woman are different, do you OPK? Or do you feel your cervix?

Hello,

Thanks.

Hiya. Ewcm can be felt or seen sometimes from as many as 5 days before ovulation which is very fertile. Usually watery cm happens right before ovulation. It is possible to just notice one or the other. After ovulation cm normally thickens and will not stretch and is cream in color. When you notice the Ewcm you should dtd every other day until you notice the thicker cream cm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->