• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EWCM during down regulation

brumbar

Working on IT
Reaction score
Hey ladies, a friend asked me a question and i (being a complete google-w*ore) coudn't find the answer , so i tought i'd check with you .... Have you had EWCM during down regulation? She started sniffing on cd1 apparently....
i had ewcm during stims, which is normal, but during DR? .... the only thing i could think of is that perhaps the drugs aren't working... Of course i didn't tell her that.... so i was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience... When i down regged I started on cd 21 and didn't have that problem...just curious...

I don't know Brumbar - what cd was she on when she noticed ewcm. I got ewcm as early as cd 5.

:hugs:

..... she only started sniffing last week, so quite early i guess.Let's say day 7. She's on a long protocol, currently taking DR drugs only, no stims yet, and she's not supposed to release estrogen which is what causes the EWCM.... or at least this is my theory ..... ! I told her to ring the clinic and ask ....
When did you start DR Blue? Cd2 or CD21? X

I got a little bit one day, towards the end though I think, I've heard it's normal!

I started DR on day 31 as it didnt look as if I had O'd yet and I had been scanned a week prior and had a 14mm follie. My consultant said to start the DR drugs as they can actually kick start it!

I had never heard of that but on googling read somewhere that the DR drugs make the body produce a short surge in LH and FSH which can be used to kick start ovulation if the body was ready to do so, as was my case. I started DR but then on gaining a couple more temps realised I had O'd 2 days prior to starting but was just slow to see a rise in temp. However for the first week of DR I had LOADS of ewcm, in fact more than when I had actually O'd!! I put that down to the surges created by the DR drugs after reading up on it.

If I can find the article, I will post it up here xx

Hope that helps x

OK, link here 4th paragraph. This relates to suprecur(burselin) which is what I was prescribed for down regulation. Do you know what you friend was prescribed?

"Initially, buserelin causes an increase in the amount of FSH and LH released from the pituitary gland, with resulting increase in oestrogen production. However, chronic administration of buserelin desensitises the pituitary gland. This means that it produces less and less FSH and LH, which in turn stops the production of oestrogen in women"

I guess thats why you have to take it for a while to give it a chance to properly get going and start shutting down the ovaries.

Great! Thanks ladies! This explains it all! She's on Synarel...which is pretty much the the same, but you sniff it! I was also on suprecur the second time, but never had ewcm in the d/r stage... Needless to say i completely freaked out when it appeared halfway through stims!LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->