EWCM twice....

Sour_Skittle

Reaction score
Ugh so confused!

I thought I Ovulated CD 11 because I had serious amounts of EWCM and cramps. We DTD that day.... Now CD 14 I'm having Cloudy wet cm (sorry tmi) so it seems to be getting ready to EWCM again.... If I'm ovulating now.... We DTD 3 days ago, and he went back on deployment... So that would mean I'm probably out this month.... Possibly for good. :( (long story)

Anyone guess what might be happening, if I still might conceive, and has it happened to anyone else?

Hi Sour_Skittle, I tried tracking CM only for a while and did find it confusing at times. I would think I had ovulated but then days later it would seem to come in another wave like what you're talking about, so I think it's a bit tricky to track. If you get another chance I would recommend opks since they really help take the guess work out of it.

As for this time, even if you haven't ovulated yet you still have a chance! Sperm can stay alive for up 7 days.

Hey.. Agree with pp - I tracked ewcm for 3-4 cycles and the first cycle I seemed to have some (and I've had it throughout my life just never knew what it was for) but other than twice I didn't find any.. I have been checking for ewcm straight for 2 months and nothing - i def O'd because I got BFP last week.. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. Good luck

Follicular development happens in waves and the cm reflects this. https://www.newscientist.com/articl...late-more-than-once-a-month.html#.UgI5uG3b1yI

The cervix produces different types of hormones depending on your hormones levels. So whats most likely to have happened is your oestrogen levels increased which increased your fertile cm. The hormone levels didn't trigger ovulation so a second wave of follicular development started, and therefore a second peak of cm.

https://www.woomb.org/ is a great resource on tracking your cm.

If you had ovulated your cm would have turned white and thick and tacky the next day and stayed like that for a good few days until the hormones begin to rise again towards the end of the menstrual cycle. If you haven't ovulated the ewcm can disappear a bit but remains clear.

Thank you so much for that Celesse! :)

When I ovulated the first time soon after it turned thick and tacky... Dry/slight milky for a day, then thick tacky, got stickier and finally turned to ewcm and ovulated again. It's still EWCM today.

Hoping maybe ill conceive! If his sperm lasted 4 days in there.

Very informative thank you for your response! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->