Ex Partner Problems...

demonmadcat

Reaction score
I'm needing some advice... I think.. or maybe somewhere to sound off..

So.. here goes...

I found out I was pregnant at 22 weeks, and decided to keep the baby. I had split up with my partner about 2-3 months before, but I told him about it, and said I perfectly understood if he wanted to have nothing to do with it.

We have been having discussions about names, he's said he wants his surname including, so I've agreed that it'll be double barrelled.

The problem has started because I've told him i'm not reverting to my maiden name, as to get everything changed would cost too much, and I don't want to waste money, when I've got so much to buy.

He's said that he doesn't want the baby to have 'another mans name' I've explained that when I got divorced I made the decision to keep the name, so from then on it became my name, not anyone elses.

I got divorced 6 years ago.. I was with this bloke for 18 months. He's always known me as that, so I can't see what the problem is..

Plus the fact, that even though he knows my maiden name, he can't spell it right, which is really frustrating. If he can't spell it, what chance does everyone else have.

Sorry for ranting, but it's really starting to stress me out, and I can tell baby's getting stressed, and I just needed to vent...

What does everyone else think?? Am I being unreasonable??

x

i totally agree with you...if this guy has only known you with this surname u have now...then technically thats ur surname and the fact that its still ur surname wud make total sence for they baby to go in ur surname other wise you will both have different names so i totally agree....jus tell him to like it or lump it lol xx

Its a difficult situation - I can see it from both points of view
Its your name and the only one ex-partner has known you by - so child to have that one double-barrelled. BUT, its a surname you got from someone else, so male pride dictates that he wouldn't want his child having another man's surname.
My stance is that - what difference does it make as long as the child is loved????
My cousin's sister has the same surname as her sisters and mum, but its not my uncles's child. They felt it was better so everyone felt the same.
Hope you work it out

You can call your baby cat features if you bloody well want to. It's not upto him. Atleast you're letting him be a part of it.

You can call your baby cat features if you bloody well want to. It's not upto him. Atleast you're letting him be a part of it.

Cat features....

I like cats... and I haven't thought of first names yet... hmm... that would be first and middle name sorted...

:happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->