excercise and ivf cycle

kaye

Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering how much exercise is ok when doing an ivf cycle .

I do 7 hours a week exercise most weeks which include body combat, body pump, grit and metabolic effect. Initially I started to lose 5 stone for ivf which I have done but now really love it.

I obviously want to give us the best chance but don't want to give up all my exercise.

Thanks in advance

Good question! I do four body combat a week and love it but have stopped for the treatment cycle as it can sometimes make be have breakthrough bleeding. Missing it but needs must! X

I remember asking my RE about exercise prior to getting pregnant with my son and her response was no. Walking was okay but nothing too vigorous. Her explanation was, exercise burns fat and fat contains estrogen and I needed all the estrogen I could get. Yes I gained some weight but I also got pregnant and I lost the weight after I had the baby. Good luck!

I did yoga straight through my IVF cycle. They had told me gentle yoga was ok. I didn't listen, though, and did hot power yoga until transfer then backed off and did gentle yoga in the wait. I felt that I needed the heated workout for my mental sanity- it helped me to stay grounded and centered. The cycle worked, but at the time I didn't realize that one of the risks was twisting my ovaries with all those large follicles in them-which is a medical emergency. If I do another cycle for a sibling- I will probably stick to gentle yoga. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->