Excersise

lily24

Reaction score
Is it o.k to do light work at the gym while pregnant? I know swimming and walking are good but i fancy a gym night as i miss it :( Does any1 still hit the gym?

I don't but I know someone who does. She's on here actually. She'll probably post lol.

You can do all sorts of exercise aslong as it's not more than you were doing before you got pregnant.

I still do. I haven't done anything strenuous since the first Trimester seems to be the most crucial, so I limit myself to 35 min. on the elliptical and about 40 minutes walking briskly on the treadmill. I'm waiting till after the 30th for my first appt. to see if I can continue on with weights and such. I think light workouts are ok, but I would check with your doc/midwife before doing anything really straining.

I miss running and weightlifting :hissy:

Toria were you were referring to me?? hee hee.
Hello Katharine, I go to the gym 6 times a week and have done through out my whole pregnancy , i do 30 minutes of cardio and then 30 minutes of weightlifting.
If you are fit and used to the gym then there is no problem with exercising at all, as long as your pregnancy is low risk and you haven't had any bleeds or health problems etc.
I am just about to complete my degree in sports science and therapy so have been taught about pregnancy and exercising which has helped a lot.
There are obviously exercises that you now need to avoid, such as sit ups and lifting weights above your head.
But most exercises you can do in moderation. If you have any queries on what you can and can not do or need an tips then do not hesitate to Private message me and I will advise you where i can. xxx

Ive also been keeping up my gym visits while pregnant and i think as long as the workouts are moderate they can be very beneficial to the pregnancy and im hoping they will help out with the labour and recovery aswell!
I currently do weights twice a week - one upper body, one lower body. And for cardio i walk, do cross-trainer and a little bit of jogging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->