Excessively high hcg levels?

forevermoore

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
Has anyone else had excessively high hcg levels and everything been ok?
I had my first scan yesterday and saw a heart beat and baby measured at 5w5d which was only 4 days different to my LMP date. However, that afternoon I had a massive bleed and ended up at hospital where they took my HCG levels and they came back at 87,000!!!! Which sounds WAY too high? Has anyone else had super high HCG levels and everything been ok? The bleeding appears to be a completely isolated incident as I have had no bleeding since. But now I have been told I have to be monitored and go for extra scans and blood tests regularly? Has anyone had anything similar?

I don't really get the connection with high HCG and bleeding. And if they've seen 1 heartbeat they know it's not multiples (we had high scores as we have twins on board). Beta scores can vary, maybe check out the various websites that compare beta values. It's better to have 2 sets of bloods done 48 hours apart so you can see if the rise & growth of the baby is good but if you've already seen the heartbeat the only thing I'd be worried about at this point is a subchorionic hemorrhage and if it's attached to the placenta. Did they see the tear in the scan?
https://www.betabase.info
https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

Mine wasn't that high, but it was 18,762 at 4w6d. My OB only checks hcg until a scan can be done bc he said scans give more information than hcg, so I didn't have any more blood levels done as I had a scan the following week, so no idea what it would have been a week later. (but if it was doubling ever 2 or 3 days, then I could have been 80,000 at 5w5d) Wondering why they even ran hcg if you had a scan and saw a nice heartbeat? Did you ask them why you have to have extra scans and blood tests? Is it bc of the bleeding? Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->