Exclusively Breastfeeding but is this my period??

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by MrsBod, Jan 29, 2011.

1. MrsBod

MrsBod Active Member

Hi all!

My daughter Fleur is 10wks old on Monday. I'm exclusively breastfeeding her and had a c-section, after which my lochia lasted just under six weeks.

Yesterday, I started bleeding and it has built up to quite a heavy flow. I'm using pads because I'm not sure it's my period.

The reason for the doubt is that I started doing my pilates DVD about a week and a half ago and this Thursday, I did a longer session.

Could it be coincidence that I did the exercise the day before, because surely if it was down the exercise, the heavy bleeding would have started straight away and I would have felt pain.

Also, I have some backache today and when I tried to express a bottle on Wednesday (two days before the bleeding/period started), I only managed 1floz when normally I can manage a good 4floz.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but any advice would be gratefully received.

xx

2. tuesday

tuesday Well-Known Member

I had what I think was a period when my bubz was 12 weeks old. It only lasted for 3 day but was quite heavy :shrug: I will have to wait to see if it really was :) If it was we are the unlucky ones bu the look of things :)

3. jollygood000

jollygood000 Mammy to a boy and girl

It certainly sounds like a period hun... I exclusively breastfed for 12weeks and currently feed my baby girl 1 feed on a morning and my periods havent returned... Im actually starting to worry a little as my little girl is now 18 weeks old x