Exclusively pumping and amount per bottle etc

Katteh

Reaction score
For the past week my little man has had bottles during the day and breastfed overnight, mostly due to poor weight gain (which has rocketed since!) and the fact he is so distracted whilst feeding.

For those who give bottles, how much do you give per bottle and how often? I still can't work out how much to give, he takes roughly 4-5oz a time but then wants more 2.5 hours later! Tonight he had 4.5oz at 5:15pm and then at bedtime (6:30) he guzzled 8oz! It just seems far too much. He won't settle without it though. He finished a 6.5oz bottle then I topped up another 1.5oz after he seemed to want more.

Thankfully I'm managing to express 30-35oz a day so I'm just about keeping up with him, but I worry if the amount he takes increases then I won't be able to.

Is there an issue with him having this much? I did mention it to the HV and she said that it could be that he is making up for some poor earlier weight gain?

24-36 oz per 24 hours is typical, sounds like he's on the high end but that's alright :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->