Excruciating pain at night :(

Firestar

Pregnant with first :)
Reaction score
NOTHING is helping!

I'm sleeping on my side, all nicely propped up with pillows under bump, between my legs, and supporting my back/hips, but I am waking every couple of hours in agony, and struggling to move because of the pain - I can't believe it's normal to be in this much pain at 36 weeks.

It's mainly my hips, back and legs - I've tried every combination possible with pillows/pregnancy pillow for support, taking paracetamol before bed, but nothing works.

Waking up at about 3am, I have to wake my partner to help me to roll over or get out of bed if I need the bathroom as it's too painful to move myself :( I can hear clicking and cracking sounds in my hips/pelvic joints as he's helping me to move, and it hurts so much - struggling to walk even when I first get out of bed.

Really can't take another 4 weeks of this - at my wits end and wondering if anyone's got any advice? xx

Have u tried lying on ur back but propped up with loads of pillows at the back? So ur kind of half upright. It's fine as ur not lying flat on back. It's the only thing that works for me! X

Thanks, unfortunately I've tried propping myself up a bit, and it doesn't seem to help much - I don't know what's going on, but it feels like my pelvis wants to break in two. Not sure if I can prop myself up any further than I've tried so far without hurting my neck.

I am having exactly the same problem but am only 33 weeks so have approx 5-6 weeks until my section. With my first pregnancy I also had spd and I think I was awake every hour trying to turn.

I am keeping my crutches next to the bed as walking to the loo after lying in bed for a few hours is excruciating! Walking back to bed is easier but even trying to clean myself after the loo is painful (sorry if tmi)

I have a body pillow & using additional pillows as recommended by physio but over the last week nothing seems to help. I have tried sleeping with a tubigrip bandage covering my entire torso and pelvic region - marginally better but still needing crutches when I first get up. I am so tired.....and have heartburn overnight... And hubby keeps waking me up to stop my snoring..... baby please come soon (ish)

Sorry I have very little advice, just know you are not alone

i have the same problem can hear the clicking n its so painful i find having a long bath, a hot drink, paracetamol and a big pillow between my legs does help but doesn't ultimately go away just glad i dont have much longer left n hoping n praying i dont go over or by much if it does get worse i would contact ur mw cause u may have spd good luck hun n hope u feel better soon :flower: x

what your describing is classic spd :( It's horrid.
The clicking noises, being worse at night (when u are less active) and feeling like ur splitting in two are all really common symptoms of this. I contacted my MW who referred me for physio and told me to take codiene as and when.

Thanks so much everyone for the replies, just sorry to hear that I'm not the only one - I wouldn't wish this on anyone :(

Thankfully I've got my 36wk app tomorrow, so will definitely be asking my midwife if it could be SPD.

I just don't don't know what else to do - feeling really low even knowing that it's dusk and that I'll probably end up with yet another night of it tonight :(

I found half sitting up but with pillow under my knees raising them , I went to the physio and she gave me fantastic exercises which helped loads , I literally couldn't get up and walk out of bed when I needed the loo in the night I was in so much pAin and my hips got massive clicking and clunking , good news I havnt had that at all this time round just trapped nerve good luck x

Buy a sacrloilac belt, available from most physios or online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->