Excuses for not drinking over Christmas?

Laura27

Reaction score
So i'll be around 8 weeks in the week up to Christmas and already have 3 parties which i'll be not drinking at! :nope:

A couple of them I can get away with saying I'm driving, but for my work one I'm staying over so that's not going to work. My colleagues are already teasing me about having a baby and always trying to guess whether I'm pregnant or not, but I really don't want to have to say anything about it!

What excuses will you all be using over the Christmas period? :thumbup:

I've already got to the 12 weeks stage so people know now but what i would probably have to say if I was in your situation as I can't drive :dohh: :haha: would be that I'm on medication that you can't mix alcohol with? Idk haha

I need to make an excuse for a Christmas dinner party tomorrow night! I think I'm just going to have a "bad headache" LOL. Only very early days for me and I don't really want to tell anyone just yet. Christmas won't be too hard as it'll just be family and I am planning on telling them about then anyway.

Good luck! x

Doesn't matter if I have an excuse or not.. DH is gonna get drunk and tell people smh.

It would probably be easier to accept the drink and 'sip' at it. Take it to the bathroom and dump some out and repeat.

My family knows I've been dieting (lost 40lbs over the summer) so I don't drink much as it is. I'll just say I don't want the empty calories.

Im making mocktails so it looks like I am drinking. All mix and no booze.

I had one small glass of red wine on Thanksgiving. There were a lot of DH's family there (25 people!) and only my inlaws knew. My MIL was on the ready to tell anyone who asked when I did not have more that I was getting over a cold and was on antibiotics!

It's a good and believable excuse!

If there is a bartendener make sure you get your first drink and just get them to pour mock tails for you all night and you can do the same for yourself if it's a family party..,just drink slowly and make sure you always get your own drink

I used the excuse that I've been getting annoying headaches lately (which is true, so I wasn't really lying!) and I'm trying to narrow down what the cause is. I said I stopped caffeine last week, but that didn't seem to be it. So, now I'm eliminating alcohol to see if the headaches go away. People bought it! :)

Maybe you can just buy a non alcoholic white wine and also buy a regular white wine then pour the alcoholic white wine down and use the bottle for the non alcoholic wine :)

I've told people I've got events with but they are my good friends. I've been signed off work with ms so no idea what I'll tell them when I go back!

I have my work Christmas party next week and it's at a place that does bogof cocktails for gods sake! My workmates all love a drink and so do i usually so i don't know how I'm going to order at the table without them hearing what I'm ordering. Think I'm going to get a bottle of beer, pour it away in the toilet and fill up the bottle with water :thumbup: then when we're at bars secretly order virgin cocktails or tonic water with ice and lime. Going to thimk of an excuse to leave early too! Hopefully everyone will be pretty drunk quickly and not notice what I'm drinking! And fingers crossed nobody buys a round of shots :-/

Last weekend I went out to eat with a group. I ordered a 'vodka and pineapple' and then pretended to go to the bathroom and told the waiter that I was pregnant and asked if he could just bring me pineapple and sprite. He did and no one knew =)

I'd just say antibiotics, pretty much everyone I know knows they don't mix haha. And if their nosey n ask y just say doc thinks u had chest infection coming on, it's the time of year for it haha xx

I'm taking a new medication.

I'm on Call at work Tonight...(I've never been..ever)

I have a blood draw in the morning

I tied one on too hard this week.

I'm doing a 21 day challenge

I've also hit the bartender straight away and get a Ginger with Grenadine. My girlfriend even tried it and was like, That's so good....is that like a dirty Shirley temple? Lol

" i cant drink im on anti-biotics for my ?!!?!?! infection, and if i drink on them i get really ill :( " :)

If people get overly nosey and want to know what infection, just say yeast infection and walk away.

I hate overly nosey people... Drive me nuts... Except I'm nosey... So... yea...

If people get overly nosey and want to know what infection, just say yeast infection and walk away.

This me me laugh so hard! Almost got in trouble at work!

This me me laugh so hard! Almost got in trouble at work!

I would totally do it though. Or make it a long one, like bacterial vaginosis... that sounds gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->