Exercise and diet

Finny88

Reaction score
So this us my second pregnancy and I am determined to just gain the 25 you are supposed to because with my first I gain 40 pounds. It was horrible losing that and I lost an extra 15. I want to continue to diet and exercise. Does anyone know what the caloric intake you have to take in? 1600 calories?

That sounds way too low as average woman needs 2000 a day and you need extra 300. I would go to your Dr. and get directed to dietitian or health nurse or someone to discuss how much is safe for you and what types of exercise are safe as well so that you don't end up depriving your baby of nutrients as that can lead to all sorts of complications.

I don't have the 'normal' caloric intake of 2000-2500 and never have. There's no one-fit's-all staple number. Right now it's more about what you eat and that you eat frequently in small meals to prevent ms but you don't need any more calories than you've been having in the past 3 months than you do in your first tri. Come second & third tri you only need an extra 300/day (that's equivalent to a peanut butter jelly sandwich). If you're worried you can always track things with fitday.com. It's breaks your diet down so you can see what you're lacking and what you're getting too much of. How your caloric output weighs against your exercise/lifestyle routine.

I lost 70 lbs since last Jan and did it by cutting out starchy carby foods. I can't seem to eat them and not balloon out. So mostly veg and good clean proteins with every meal and snacks too. ie nuts and fruit for snacks. I make sure I walk at least 1/2hr everyday and I do some exercises at home and noon hour yoga at work 3x/ week.

There's a really inspiring workout blog that often has pregnancy & maternity related articles that I subscribe to on fb: https://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/pregnancy-motherhood/

I also do not have a 2000 calorie a day requirement per my doctor and dietitian. I have added a bit more protein and extra fruits & veggies to my diet and I get a 45 minute walk in 5 days a week. I hope to stay within a 20-25 lb gain at most. I would talk with your doctor to see what they recommend. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->