Exercise, Fitness & Healthy Eating Club

camoqueen you've done really well today :happydance:

oh if anyone does a lot of walking like me & isn't sure how far they go, then check out: https://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

I think we should take pictures of what we eat during the day - this serves 2 purposes: 1. We can actually see what we're eating!
2. We can get inspired by what others are eating!

I read a dietician's blog on www.self.com and she does this for every meal of the day, it's a good way to hold yourself accountable!

Like maybe I wouldn't have snuck in that bowl of icecream with chocolate sauce today if I saw a pic of it :rofl: :rofl:

I'm still working on the torrents - for some reason it seems like every file is something weird that my computer won't open

I'll do that... when I start eating properly :p

Linzi, if you can't do situps what about crunches, v-crunches and cross crunches? I can't do proper situps yet either so I always do crunches.

Mamafy- 30 miles :shock: You go girl! :happydance: The healthy eating sounds great too. I think I may start having porridge or muesli. Does your treadmill do inclines too, or is it just a flat one?

CamoQueen- Im the same. As soon as I've eaten something savory I want a sweet! maybe we should think of some natural sweets. Maybe honey, dates (eugh I hate dates!), dried fruit....*thinks* I've bought some pretzels instead of crisps and some crispbread and low fat cream cheese.

Thing is, if we're all exercising then we need to have some good proper fuel like protein, good fats, carbs, etc. So we can't cut out everything. I'll try and update the first post with some sample exercises.

Well I'm going to take Niamh for a walk today. I'm thinking 2-3 miles or so. Then a run tonight. So far today I've had to eat:

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast and low fat butter and a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk.
Lunch: (is going to be) Cauliflower and potato soup

Not sure about dinner yet, but I have potato dauphinoise in the fridge that is calling me :lol:

It does inclines but I don't do them at the minute:rofl: One of the kids had fiddled with the buttons on it the other night and I got on it and done a mile before I realised it was in the highest incline position:rofl: My legs were knackered:dohh:

I'm still doing 4 miles on the treadmill :) I'm loving it, really really loving it and find myself pounding it to get rid of stress or when I'm something on my mind:happydance:

also my ticker is abit wrong as I'd had 3 takeaways in the week prior and was 11' 1lb last monday, this morning I'm 10' 9lb:happydance::yipee: plus I'd taken measurements and have lost an inch from each thigh, an inch from my waist and an inch from my hips :wohoo: so thats in a week:happydance:

Yesterday my oh & the kids fancied a chinese but I made myself a quorn burger with healthy living chips and measured the portion in scales so I didn't pig out :)

The weekends are normally very hard for me too but I'm so glad so far I've been good and intend to.

I'm exercising everyday so that I can keep up my enthusiasm for doing it, I know in just 10 days I feel fitter already so imagine how I'm going to feel a month from now! If I didn't do it everyday I would just get lazy with it and skip days I should be doing so this way I keep focused on skinny thighs and skinny bums and able to wear jeans and look good:cloud9:

You girls are all doing really good too, we're all brilliant:cloud9:

That actually sounds quite interesting Rae. I'd be up for that. :)

I'm thinking about putting a skinny picture of me on the fridge for motivation :rofl:

Mamafy 6 lbs! That's brilliant! :happydance: :happydance:

I don't seem to be losing ANY weight. :( No idea why. I guess I'm going to have to step up my exercise. I'm starting at 87.6kg which is 13st 8lbs :(

Today's food:

Brekkie:

Cranberry and raspberry museli with semi skimmed milk
Cup of tea, no sugar, semi skimmed milk

Lunch:

Vegetable pizza
mango and passionfruit smoothie

Snack:

2 x ricecakes

Dinner:

Vegetable pie, boiled potatoes and sweetcorn

rafwife, that menu for today looks great! Don't feel bad about not losing right now -- loads and loads of people have plateaus. The key is that you don't lose hope and that you keep doing what you're doing, and in a few days or weeks you'll start seeing big losses again. You could also always try maybe cutting calories a little more or even adding a few more calories for the next few days and then going back to normal, and seeing if that shakes up your metabolism a little. Or not. I think you're doing wonderfully!:hugs:

I'm sitting here drinking a huge Frappucino (WITH whipped cream, gasp!) and feeling kind of guilty... but not guilty enough to stop drinking it, lol.:blush: But I weighed myself and I'm down to 148, so I'm still losing!:happydance: Which is weird, because I've felt so huge lately. Hopefully this cheat day will help me to stop dreaming about sweets.

I can honestly say that since I've started eating healthier, I feel so much better. I used to get these big stomachaches from all the processed and super sweet stuff I would eat, and I would wake up feeling like I was going to be sick. But since I've been eating well (since David was born, really), that hasn't happened even once. So I think today will also remind me why I don't eat the way I used to anymore (which was basically, anything I wanted whenever I wanted).

I hope everyone has had a successful day on plan!

I'm feeling much better for eating healthy too. I've cut out pepsi totally and since then my stomach has stopped hurting. I used to get awful cramps.

Did you say tomorrow was your cheat day Camo? Whatca having? :)

This thread is a great idea. I don't want to lose weight otherwise i'd b a stick but I do need to eat better.
Room for another?

Bleugh I caved and had a crisp sandwich :( It was on wholemeal so I suppose thats a bit better. No exercise today either! I think I'm going to sign up to classes twice a week at the gym to get me working harder.

Not such a healthy day today. I couldn't take pics cause I was visiting for the day so I couldn't very well go around taking pics in front of my family :rofl:

Didn't eat breakfast.
Rice + chicken + grilled veggies for lunch
Grilled chicken, baby carrots & mashed potato for supper.

Also I'm pretty sure i devoured like 1/2 a bag of tostitos today :rofl: oh god. Today was my unplanned cheat day :rofl:

Tomorrow is a fresh start

Aww, don't beat yourself up over it, everyone slips every now and then! Besides, you've been doing so well!

Today is actually my cheat day. For breakfast I had a caramel Frappucino and a jelly donut. I think lunch will be chips and ice cream, and dinner is pizza and cake. Yes, I am thoroughly being unhealthy today, lol!

Well today consisted ofa glass of healthy juice for brekkie, Cruskits for lunch and will probably have veges for tea. I did have 2 bottles of 600ml cokes though and a few squares of chocolate... All in all, probably better than a normal day.

I feel lucky I dont like crisps, at least its only chocolate I have a problem with:D

So far I have had honey on bread and a cup of tea, will have a sandwich and fruit for lunch.

Going on the treadmill tonight, going to aim for 5 miles :D

I'm the opposite :) I *love* crisps but am not a huge fan of chocolate. For some reason I like Asdas own chocolate bars though!

Missed breakfast today as Niamh hasn't given me any peace :dohh:

I think I'll make soup for lunch, which takes ages but is so yummy and good for me too.

Here's the plan today:

Had no breakky.
Lunch: I'm in the process of a massive salad and a slice of veggie pizza
Supper: I'm having terayaki stirfry without rice and probably a baked potato

snack: I'm cutting up the rest of my melon I had the other day and gonna pick at that.

I'm trying to replace coke (as in coca cola :rofl:) with water and I'm going to try to drink two cups of green tea a day. Green tea apparently helps boost your metabolism.

Ok girls, I would like to join the club under a bit more different pre-tenses :lol:
Issue: slipping back into an eating disorder

I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I have really nothing to lose anymore.
The problem is: I've been eating next to nothing in the day (really like one grapefruit during the whole day) and then at midnight I pig out.
I've always had a really low apetite but the way it's going it's becoming very unhealthy.

With the current stress I've been under it's very hard for me to keep food down (happened twice last week, it hasn't happened twice in years).

I need to get my diet in order, I really do. I need normal meals atleast 3 times a day at normal times.
I don't want a relapse.

Fitness : I used to do sports (professionally even) and was really fit but haven't done it much since I became pregnant. I sometimes manage to get to the pool once a week for swimming but not lately.I definitely want to get back into shape, it helps me keep myself in check.

So there...I hope I'm welcome :shy:

Course you're welcome!

So what is it about your lifestyle that makes it difficult to have three balanced meals? Hopefully we can help :hugs:

Course you're welcome!

So what is it about your lifestyle that makes it difficult to have three balanced meals? Hopefully we can help :hugs:

Thanks Nic :hugs:
It's not that fact that I don't have time. I am able to make time to prepare a meal for one person.
It's the fact that I can't. I physically can't.

I fought away bulimia when I was 13. And it took some major concentration and lots of strenght to eat 3 balanced meals a day and keep them down.
And it's been working (mostly, with a little setback here and there).

Now I feel like I'm slipping back... During the day I'm not concentrated on eating. I could easily go 24 hours without eating and not even feel it.

But mostly at night when Lola falls asleep(if she falls asleep :lol:) and I find myself tired and suddenly hungry and eat anything,I don't even have the sense for the amount I eat at all...
Especially when something happens that leaves me particularly upset or stressed. I ate this huge bundt cake with a snap of a finger.

And so it happens that once again I'm not able to keep it down.
Twice last week (mind you that it didn't happen twice a week since 2 weeks after my 14th birthday.)

Pregnancy weight sure didn't help either in all this.

So I need to concentrate on this, I need to whip myself back and be really strict about it.
I'm definitely concentrating and making myself 3 meals a day, balanced and healthy.:)

Sorry I took so much to yap about all this. It's just that I rarely talk about it at all and I am rarely honest about it.
Each time my sister calls me and asks me what I ate I lie to her so this has been a bit of a confession post for me :shy:

xx

Ugggh, I feel so sick today from all that crap I ate yesterday.:sick: I lay in bed last night feeling like I might hurl, and this morning I feel almost hung over from it, lol. So today is going to be more like a "detox from horrible food" day, I guess.

Went for a brisk 40 minute walk today on the treadmill. Food for today looks like this:

Breakfast -- 1/2 cup oat cereal mixed with 1/2 cup Cheerios and 3/4 cup soymilk; 1 apple

Snack -- 1 apple; 1 piece string cheese

Lunch -- Turkey and spinach on whole wheat roll; 1 orange; 15 baby carrots

Snack -- 1 diet hot cocoa; 10 baby carrots

Dinner -- 2 homemade turkey tacos (made with low-carb tortillas) with spinach and salsa; 1 serving dark chocolate almonds

Oh, yeah, and I'll be drinking a BUTTLOAD of water. Which isn't really a pretty visual, lol, but I am so dehydrated and feel so nasty right now. I'm really glad that I don't eat junk food regularly like I used to! I hate feeling like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->