Exercise=gain

beth_terri

Reaction score
Who else experiences this? The first week or so of a new exercise regime they gain?

I've been doing slimming world now for 6 weeks and in the first 5 lost 15lbs. On Wednesday I started going to the gym again. This is what my week looked like...
Wed-spinning class
Thurs morning-spinning and abs class
Friday morning- 20 mins cross trainer and 55 minute run on treadmill
Friday evening-spinning class
Sat+Sunday rest
Monday-spinning class
Today (tues)- cross trainer and interval training on the treadmill.

Yet weighing myself I've gained 3/4 of a pound.

I've read that it can be normal as its my body protecting the muscles with water retention as they aren't used to being used so much. Its just a bit gutting LOL.

Slimming world tonight and ill have to face my first gain all because of exercise :(

Girl! Relax! Trainers will tell you over & over again. DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF. Reason being, is muscle weighs 3x as much as fat. You're just gaining muscle which is awesome!

Don't be as concerned with the scale. Go with how you look & feel. Don't worry about gaining a pound after working your ass off for a week. You're just toning that bod! Good luck!

Hey Beth, I've been doing the 30day shred dvd, and after the first week I'd gained a pound. After that week though I'm back to losing weight, only a pound or 2 a week maybe, but I've still gone down a size clothes, as my body is toning!

Plus I've been told the more muscle you develop, the faster your metabolism works, so happy days!

I've read that it can be normal as its my body protecting the muscles with water retention as they aren't used to being used so much. Its just a bit gutting LOL.

pretty much this. You should notice your weight start to go down again in a week or two :)

And a bonus the more muscle you gain the more efficiently your body will burn the fat

Will it drop with exercise as drastically as I lost it without? Eg first week 7.5lb (I'm not even massively over weight), next week three, then two, then three, then with exercise just one. X

your loss will slow down, that's natural. You usually see the best loss the first few weeks as you lose water weight

your loss will slow down, that's natural. You usually see the best loss the first few weeks as you lose water weight

I am totally agree with you. I also think that, You should take some more exercise with take proper diet. Anyways thanks to you that you share this post.

The last time I lost about 40 pounds, I had gained about 7 or 8lbs when I first started. I started freaking out and my OH( a cerified trainer, but its not his profession), told me its because I was gaining muscle and that's completely normal. I continued and eventually went down to 125, but I was skinnier then I was at 112 in highschool according my measurements and jean size. It's truly strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->