Exercise - how do you find the time?

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi,

I had my little boy 8 weeks ago and am really kene to get exercising again. But how do you find the time?! My little boy sleeps and so I guess I will try and exercise when he sleeping but is it safe or stupid to exercise if he was just sitting playing in his bouncer/rocker - he would be secured into it?

At weekends my hubbie looks after him and I go for a run but in the week, I only really walk with the pram for exercise. I'm trying to do an hour a day of walking and pushing the pram as it's fresh air for him and good exercise for me but as winter approaches and it has been raining every day, does anyone have any suggestions?

I've got a wii and some yoga games for that plus Zumba. I've also got a post natal workout CD which I'm hoping to do too.

Thanks! Any insipriation would be appreciated!
x

Hey there,
I didn't really start exercising properly until my LO was about 4 months old; I was much less tired then!
I'm lucky that my LO is a brill sleeper (at night); he goes to bed at 6pm and doesn't wake until 6:30-7am, so I can train at night (either a DVD if my DH is at work, or a run or a class if he's at home.). My DH works shifts so,if he's in in the morning (on the days I don't work), I can train in the morning. Also, my dad takes LO for a massive walk every Sunday so I can go for a long run. That's what I do, anyway.
I think you're doing great, so far, by getting out and walking and I think it's fine to put LO in their bouncer while you exercise - they'll probably enjoy watching you!
I hope that helps.
xx

Hey there,
I didn't really start exercising properly until my LO was about 4 months old; I was much less tired then!
I'm lucky that my LO is a brill sleeper (at night); he goes to bed at 6pm and doesn't wake until 6:30-7am, so I can train at night (either a DVD if my DH is at work, or a run or a class if he's at home.). My DH works shifts so,if he's in in the morning (on the days I don't work), I can train in the morning. Also, my dad takes LO for a massive walk every Sunday so I can go for a long run. That's what I do, anyway.
I think you're doing great, so far, by getting out and walking and I think it's fine to put LO in their bouncer while you exercise - they'll probably enjoy watching you!
I hope that helps.
xx

Thanks so much for your advice. I just wasn't sure if the bouncer was ok, the DVD is quite short so it's not a long time for him and I can chat to him then as well!

I used to run loads so I have missed that. I also think I'll try and ask my Mum or MIL to watch him say once a week for me to go for a nice run - they will love the time with him whilst I'm gone I'm sure anyway!

Thanks again - really appreciate it!
x

Have you tired runing with the the pram? I sometimes run on the weekend on my own but mostly i go for a run in the week with the kids in the double buggy i push the pram with one hand so i can swing onw arm while im running, it is awkward but do able.

I too exercise around my Husbands work shifts and a couple of times a week my sisters will look after my two so I can go to a couple of classes that I would miss otherwise.
Before I joined the gym I did exercise dvds, 30 day shred, Yoga, Davina. And I would pop Tristan in his swing and keep Amelia entertained with crayons etc.

At 8 weeks even going for nice long walks is fantastic, even in winter, get the snowsuit on your little boy, get him nice and wrapped up, get some good walking/snow boots and go for a walk every day, I personally try not to let the weather stop me from walking anywhere

Good luck :flower:

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"