Exercise when Ill

Lightworker

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just a quick question. Do you exercise when you are sick? I mean mildly ill, like a cold, not too serious, but enough to leave you feeling abit down and tired?

I always feel guilty if I don't exercise but was wondering if I should give my body a rest or not? x

If it's just a cold, I do. If it's on my chest, I don't.
xx

xx

Thanks for the reply..I was secretly hoping someone would say "no-rest" haha..ah well of for a run then.

Forgot to ask, do you find you feel better immediately after the exercise, or how do you feel? x

I'd say its at your own discretion. For me, when I'm sick, I'm only really shitty feeling for 2 or 3 days, and I won't feel guilty if I miss just 3 days.

But I also usually always feel it in my lungs when I'm sick, so that's a good reason why I don't exersise. I'd say just listen to your body.

xx

Thanks for the reply..I was secretly hoping someone would say "no-rest" haha..ah well of for a run then.

Forgot to ask, do you find you feel better immediately after the exercise, or how do you feel? x

:haha:
If you're feeling really bad, there's no harm in having a day off (especially on a Saturday!)
I normally bitch and moan the whole time I'm doing it, but feel a little but better afterwards.
xx

If I feel down even with a cold I don't train. I find it wears my body more. So I have a rest and usually get better slot quicker. I just listen to my body..

It really depended for me. If I'm running a fever than I would always rest and if I was feeling pretty run down I would rest. Otherwise I would workout

depends how ill, if able to run after kids im.find work up sweat. if im that exhausted i cant move ipl resr

I have a viral bronchitis now and no way im gonna exercise...its not a serious illness but feels like im coughing my lungs out, really painful...i get it a few times a yr after a few weeks of normal flu...I would exercise if i had just a runny nose but with chestpains nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->