Exercises and a New Baby

Sweetpea7830

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good exercise plan for a new mom? I am wanting to exercise and lose the last 10 lbs of baby weight plus another 20 that I gained before I got pregnant :dohh: but I am finding it so hard to exercise with a little one. I am exhausted and I am a SAHM that doesn't really have anyone around that can give me a break during the day to hit the gym or something.

I am looking for something I can do at the house while he is napping or while he is having tummy time etc. Something that I can do in small pieces - ie 10-15 minutes at a time and not a full 1 hour block or something like that. I think the hardest thing is how tired I am :sleep: plus that when he has a nap, it isn't super long so I just have time to grab lunch, pee, and maybe fold some laundry and he's up! But that's another question for the baby and toddler club...lol...

Have you looked at your local gym? Mine does a creche service for up to 2 hours at a time, and it's brilliant. Might be worth looking at :)

Other than that, look for cardio based workout videos.

Have you looked at your local gym? Mine does a creche service for up to 2 hours at a time, and it's brilliant. Might be worth looking at :)

Other than that, look for cardio based workout videos.

thanks! he's a preemie so we're not allowed to take him to public daycare yet...and we cant afford to join a gym anyways. there is only one near us and it's super expensive. the problem with workout videos is that i barely get into them before he wakes up. i'm really looking for something that can be done in 10-15 min intervals throughout the day.

Do you by chance have a treadmill or anything of the sort? You could walk/jog in place. You could buy a set or two of dumbells (inexpensive) and do squats, lunges and upper body work with them. Does your local cable company offer any free on demand type workout shows? Do you have stairs in your home? That could be another work out, running up and down them. You can do situps, pushups, dancing.... Does this help any?

Once your LO gets bigger can you put him in the stroller and go for a walk outside (make it a routine). Do you have a yard (not sure if you are in a house or apartment etc...). Get full use of what you have, be creative. Even vacumming and house work can burn clories.

The only time that I'm finding time to work out is on my lunch break (when I have energy and Peyton is at daycare). It is hard finding the time and energy, but do what is best for you. Once your LO is bigger, maybe the gym would be an option for you.

How about a lateral thigh trainer? They sell them on ebay

https://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ...3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=thigh+trainer&_osacat=0

or they have alternative steppers in argos and similar shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->