Exercising while TTCAL

despederata

Reaction score
Hi! I am new here - found this forum when I was about 7 weeks but unfortunately lost the bub at 9 weeks with a mmc. :cry:

We are (or more accurately, I am) desperate to try again!

I am trying to "stack the deck" in favour of any future pregnancies to minimise the possiblity of another mmc... So far I've cut down on caffeine, tried to increase my fruit and vegetable intake, am taking a prenatal multivit...

I am wondering about exercising though. Right now to improve my health and wellbeing I go for daily sessions of Bikram Yoga (90 minutes of yoga in a hot room heated to 40 degrees Celcius) and also occasionally run for at least 40 minutes...

Can I continue this while ttc-ing and during the 2ww? Will it affect conception (fertilised egg can't implant, etc...), or the bub?

Would love to have your thoughts...

Good to meet all of you! TIA!

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always been an avid exerciser and I've done some research on this. The general consensus seems to be that exercising is very good while ttc. However, too much exercise can affect estrogen levels. So you should exercise in moderation. 90 minutes of yoga is great for you. On the days that you run 40 minutes, do you also do Bikram? That might be too much in one day, but it is really up to you. I haven't read anything about exercising affecting implantation. Think about all of the athletes who conceive. I usually cut back during that time just in case, but I certainly don't stop entirely. Both times I got pregnant I was working out 4-5 times a week.

Once you are pregnant, I've read that you can continue to exercise at the same rate as you did before. Don't increase the amount. You also don't want to raise your body temperature too high, so Bikram might not be the best once you've conceived.

I wish you the best of luck. I hope you continue to post here.

Thanks Heart Tree!

D'ya think it would matter terribly if I did Bikram yoga / ran/ swam etc during the TWW?

I think it would be up to you whether you did it in the tww. I don't drink any alcohol or do anything that could affect bubs in the tww, just because i'm extra cautious after my mmc.

Swimming would definately be ok. Midwifes recommend that you do that throughout your pregnancy as its a good way to exercise without straining yourself.

I agree with Heart tree. I fell pregnant with my 2nd whilst training quite intensly for the london marathon, and was only a week away from running it when I found out. I swam through both my previous pregnancies.
My OH has positively encouraged me to exercise while ttc after our loss because it helps me cope mentally and my body seems to fall better when I am fit so I too am doing some form of exercise every day (normally run) but will start to swim as well soon.

I think the rules are dont get hot when you are pregnant and dont increase the workout.

good luck, hope you get your bfp soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->