Expectant management of an ectopic

supernoodles

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi all,
Hoping one of you girls can help...

I am/was 7w3d pregnant (not sure if it counts as still being or not). Yesterday I went for my 2nd scan as I have had 2 recurrent early m/c. My Obs couldn't see anything in my uterus and could see a pool of blood in my abdomen. He sent me for bt's and my hcg came back at just over 100 :cry: I have to have a secong bt tomorrow to see if my level's decreasing otherwise I have to have surgery.
My dh and I are truly devastated.
The question I have is if my levels are coming down, how long will it be 'til I completely lose my little bean? I mean start bleeding that is. I know that it probably varies but I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience.
At the moment I am still having pregnancy symptoms and I'm really struggling to cope with the fact that I still at this moment have a life (however small) inside me that will not survive. It may sound selfish but I really want it to be over so that we can move on. :cry:
Thanks in advance, and wish everyone lots of babydust for the future. x

Hey hun, i know how u feel as i had an ectopic last year.

TBH im not sure why they would do surgery if they cant see the sac anywhere in or out or the uterus? I had a mass that was 6cm x 4cm and i was given the methotrexate injection which breaks down the mass. You could ask to try this before surgery.

Hope that it is over for you soon xxx

Hey hun, i know how u feel as i had an ectopic last year.

TBH im not sure why they would do surgery if they cant see the sac anywhere in or out or the uterus? I had a mass that was 6cm x 4cm and i was given the methotrexate injection which breaks down the mass. You could ask to try this before surgery.

Hope that it is over for you soon xxx

Hey FEDup,

Thanks for your reply and so sorry for your loss :flower:
They didn't see anything on the scan apart from the mass which was 4x3. My obs said it was either a small pool of blood, the ectopic or possibly a corpus luteum cyst :shrug: He said that if my hcg was not decreasing by tomorrow that he would probably do laproscopic surgery. Fx for tomorrow that it is decreasing.
I feel ok at the moment, no pain, still lots of symptoms, and really wish it was all over.
Already had my first "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, these things happen for a reason" today. I don't mean to sound horrible, but I hate it when people say that :cry: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->