Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Glad to see you over here, HopingCarter!

Yup, I think positivity is the only way to go for me! I was a ball of nerves the whole ttc process previous to this time, and so focused on the worries, that it definitely did not help me. But this time around, I'm determined to be an optimist! :thumbup:

Great looking test results, klink!

I wouldn't worry about the cm too much. I find it comes and goes. Actually, I've been finding that a lot of my symptoms come and go. For example, my boobs aren't sore all the time, just periodically throughout the day. Same with the light cramps, headache, etc. The only one that seems to be constant is my monster appetite, lol! I feel like I'm going to gain 100 pounds, haha! I mean, obviously I won't let that happen, but I just feel like I want to eat everything right now! I have been craving cheeseburgers badly lately, and I don't even really like beef!

Is anyone else having any cravings?

I haven't had any cravings yet but I do eat a lot! I ate a lot those past days. I feel so lazy, I am either starving or tired. Or both lol The only thing I want to eat all the time is salads though. and sweet pickles :)

That's good that you are wanting to eat healthy foods! Much better than craving unhealthy cheeseburgers, and hot dogs, which pregnant women aren't supposed to eat. :/

HopingCarter, to answer your question, I would really love a girl for my first (ideally I would love to have 2 girls and a boy) but of course I would love boy as well. I just want a healthy, happy baby. :thumbup:

I thought when the hot dog is heated properly we are allowed to eat? My mom gives me an eye roll everytime we go grocery shopping and I am like "can't eat this, not gonna eat that". I love her but I'm glad when DH is back from training and we can go home and buy our own stuff.

Morning girls!
And hello Karen and hopingcarter! :hi:

Well I had my first pregnancy meltdown last night... Shouting, swearing, slamming and throwing things... Pregnancy seems to turn me manic! Or it did last time so I'm thinking "Girl", also (tmi) but I seem to have gotten thrush out of nowhere so I'm feeling really sorry for myself. :(

I have to be honest re:eating - I've ate everything previously. Nuts - not bags of them but if I wanted peanut m&ms I had them. Runny eggs - I've never been Ill off an egg in 27yrs ! And I've been to many BBQs! I'm a terrible influence tho so ignore me! Lol. I just think there is so much scaremongering in pregnancy and the dos and donts change so often, a little bit of what you fancy won't hurt (but that's my view and I in no way want to influence you!) xx

So sticking to positives... Anyone got their names picked out? Lol x

DH and I got our names picked out way before I was pregnant :) That makes it even more exciting to see what it's gonna be haha :)
Today I feel more calm than the past days. I am just staying positive that everything is gonna be fine. I think my sore boobs also picked up again and (sorri tmi) my CM came back too! Even though I know it's normal to have period like cramps I get scared every now and then but they are not that much anymore anyways.

I think our senses become more sensitive when pregnant. I get twinges that I probably wouldn't even notice if I wasn't pregnant. It's normal. Glad you're feeling calmer tho - woohoo!!

So what be these names then? Share! X

For a boy it's gonna be Dean Nathan and for a girl it's gonna be Lilith :) We don't have a middle name for Lilith yet cause DH didn't like any haha And you??

They're so cute. I especially love Lilith!

I'm liking Dana Poppy for a girl and Spencer Thomas for a boy. OH isn't agreeing on Dana yet, but he didn't on Elsie either and now he loves it so I'll wear him down. ;)

Everyone will expect another EL name too so I wanna avoid that.

I'm tired now... Baby slept in til half 9 (which was awesome! Latest morning in months!! So I have no reason to feel so drained. No early to bed tonight tho as got orders to complete :(

How u feeling? Any more symptoms?

I'm actually feeling great. Still don't have any more symptoms but I read in my 'what to expect when you're expecting' book, that a lot of people don't get any symptoms until 6 weeks. took another test today and the line is much much darker than what it was yesterday! :) how about you?

https://i62.tinypic.com/2ns144g.jpg

Left the one from today and on the right yesterday :thumbup:

makes me confident, that even if I don't have many symptoms yet, the hcG is going up :) Also read that only 10 - 20% of the known pregnancies end in a miscarriage so that makes me more confident too :) Skyped DH today and we are both so in love with this baby already :cloud9:

Definitely a darkening there Hun! Woohoo!

I'm good. No symptoms still apart from bad skin and being a bit neurotic... Poor OH can't do right for doing wrong! Lol.

Told u it's a tiny percentage in comparison. Of course it's always a possibility but it's not a fun way to spend your days worrying about something that probably won't happen!

I'm currently listening to my toddler kicking hell out of her cot thinking "why am I doing this again??" Lol xx

I definitely have a short fuse today even more than yesterday and I'm also more tired than yesterday. Went to bed at 10, got up at 8 and laid back down for a 1 1/2 hour nap at 11 and I am still tired. Now off to the pool we go and grilling in the evening. How am I supposed to do this lol I'm too tired. For once I am glad that I am currently not working. (due to stupid agreement of Italy and USA not because of being too lazy)

Those are great darkening lines, klink! I hope that was comforting for you! :thumbup:

My symptoms are starting to intensify again! It seems to come in waves... the sore boobs really picked up the day I found out I was pregnant (Wednesday), and starting last night and today they're getting even more sore! I'm also waking up pretty nauseous, but no vomiting yet. I don't mind, though, because from what I hear morning sickness is a sign that things are proceeding normally, so I'll take it! I heard morning sickness doesn't usually start till 6 weeks or so, and I'm only about 4 and a half! I hope that means my little sparkle is extra-strong. :)

For names, we have a list of about 8-10 names each from which we will choose, but my two favourites are Rachel and Lily (another thing we have in common, klink!) and Christian or Zackary for boys. The middle name for a girl will definitely be Dorothy; that was the name of my amazing great-great-aunt, one of my favourite people in the world. When I said goodbye to her the day she died, I made her a promise that I would name a child after her one day. I can't wait to fulfill that promise!

As for the foods, I think I am just being extra cautious because of what happened to me last time. But obviously there are other people who have things like hot dogs and lunchmeat and their babies turn out just fine, and yes, cooking to high heats is supposed to help. I'm just a worrywart by nature.

We told my hubby's mom yesterday!!! She burst into joyful tears; it was such a moment. We had only intended on telling her because it was her birthday, but she was so full of joy she wanted to tell the rest of her family so at the birthday party we told my hub's aunt, uncle, and cousin. Everyone is really excited! There is one other baby in the family, and he'll be just a little over one when ours is born.

Then today, we will tell my parents! They've been on vacation all week, but I wanted to wait and tell them in person. I can't wait!

I had my prenatal bloodwork yesterday, so I should find out my beta hcg in a few days. I can't wait and hope it's a big, strong number!

Sorry for the long post! I wasn't around much yesterday and I feel there was a lot I needed to catch up on, lol!

Happy Sunday! :flower:

Hi ladies!

This isn't #1 this is #2 but after 2 MMC's I'm definitely in need of lots of support from women in the 1st tri and lots of positive thinking so I'd like to join please

:happydance: Congrats all!!

Hi Kylie! Welcome to our group!

I'm so sorry to hear about your past losses. :hugs:

How is everything going for you so far with this pregnancy? I hope everything will be healthy and happy!

Thank you Karen :flower:

I'm doing good at the moment :) I'm going to see my Dr tomorrow to see if they will do some bloods to help put my mind at ease and will pay for an early scan around 7 weeks and keep my fingers and toes crossed! I do feel much more positive this time and I had an MMC followed by my daughter who is now 2 so hopefully we follow the same pattern this time of MMC followed by our 2nd beautiful baby <3

:flow:

Welcome Kylie, we keep fingers x for you!

And Karen, that's awesome that your symptoms picked up! Mine don't relly get more, even though I have a bit more cramping today, no blood though which is good. I'm still nervous but not as much as I was before. I'm just trying to stay positive :)

Hey Klink, Carley, and Karen!! Sorry I feel like I've been off for a while too. Just wanted to jump in on the discussions.
Welcome Kylie. I will be adding you in my prayers and I'm hoping this time is your 2nd magic moment. Lots of :dust: your way.
So far ladies I've been kind of scared and I know Klink you read in the book that the cramps are normal but these cramps are switching sides. The last couple days its been more on the left, but today it's on the right side. Trying my best to stay positive since there isn't blood, but boy is it hard. As far as foods I've been craving Chinese food, mostly orange flavored chicken lol.
Even after my DH gets it for me that same craving is back the next day lol. I love Chinese food but I hope this craving changes later for his sake. I hate having these mood swings though. Carley I didn't go off like u did, but I have been a big bratty cry baby :cry:. It's weird lol

I need you ladies to help me though because I've been so much in this :blue: zone that I have yet to even think about a girl's name! Its sad but true. My boy name is Roman Andres..I got it from the Bible Romans 10:9. The middle name is in honor of my late father, who was my best friend. U guys think you can lend me a hand with a girl name? I'm really stumped :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->