Expecting #1 positive thinking buddies, sticking together!

Hi ladies, I'd like to join if you'd have me.. this is my 4th pregnancy, but still working on going full term with #1.
I havent even told me husband yet, let alone picked out names.. its too painful to pick names only to lose the pregnancy, and then i feel like the name is 'used up'.. but for some reason i've always liked the name Cleo (one of the greek muses)

carter.. i crave orange chicken also!!! lol

Karen, if you are choosing between Rachel and Lily, I wouldnt go with Lily... I work with kids, and Lily and all its variations (Lilith, Lila, Lilley etc) is really common right now... I'd go with a name that would be unique for your kid while its in school, so it wouldnt be 1 of 5 Lilys (like I was 1 of many katies) just a thought tho, of course go with whatever you really want

so far my symptoms have been really really sore breasts, mild waves of nausea, really bad indigestion/heartburn, and extreme exhaustion and thirst. the other day I took a nap around 230p, and had to force myself out of bed around 5p, tho I think I couldve slept until the next morning.

Thanks for having me, best of luck to you all

Don't be scared hun :hugs: I get my cramps on different sides as well. Are they really bad cramps or are they just noticeable? As for girl names, what direction where you thinking? Any letter you want it to start with??

Welcome swampmaiden and hope this bean is your sticky bean! :hugs:

Hi Swampmaiden and welcome. FX for your sticky bean :dust:
My DH just laughs at my all-of-a-sudden obsession with Orange Chicken. It's gonna be a real journey these next 8 months.
The cramps are easing up so I think I'm cool. This may be TMI but do u think that BDing a lot could cause it. Its not wild or anything like that but it is frequent. Sorry don't want to offend anyone but I'm trying to figure out why my cramps are more frequent than everyone else's and how to calm them down some if I can

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies

carter, not sure if the BDing and cramps are related... if you are having orgasms also, then perhaps that is contributing to the cramps.. all i know is that the cramps are the ligaments and muscles stretching and growing, so uterine contractions could be affecting the cramps.
also, quick sudden movements seem to make cramps worse, like getting up too fast after sitting for awhile.. I really wouldnt worry too much about cramps... mc is usually signaled more by bleeding than cramps in my experience... id worry more if the cramps stopped. perhaps the fact you are having so much cramping is actually a GOOD sign that things are progressing strongly

Hey girls

I have read through but just a quicky so can't reply to everything but massive welcome to the new ladies... I really hope you've got your sticky beans this time... Positive thoughts your way! Xx

I'm in work tomorrow (boo) so won't be one much I doubt... But had some good news today. My best friend is pregnant too! Her number 5... She's got a 8, 3,2, and a 10mth old. Dunno how she does it! Nice to share it with her tho. We can be fat and sober together over Xmas and new year lol.

I know someone said about cramping... I was today after I did some cleaning. Kinda had a stitch too? I think it's just the body adjusting. Unless they're actually painful, I don't think they're anything to worry about.

Sorry for anything I've missed. Catch up properly tomorrow xx

Thanks ladies. Sorry if I sound too stressed over something so small. I will be keeping those things in mind. :)

No need to apologize :) We all stress. :hugs:

Welcome, swampmaiden, and thanks for the advice! :flower:

HopingCarter, I like that name, Roman! Very unique and cool sounding.

carlyjade, that's great that your friend is pregnant too! How nice that you can share this experience together.

I got to satisfy my craving for a cheeseburger last night. Mmmm... The funny thing is, I get cravings for so many different things during the course of the day. Not for long amounts of time, either. It's like I can just suddenly taste it in my mouth and I think how good it would be to have it, hehe.

We've told my hubby's mom and close family, and now we've told my parents, sister, uncle and cousin. Today I am going to tell my boss, office manager, and my close friend co-worker. And on the weekend, my uncle is having a party with my mom's whole side of the family, so we will make our announcement then.

This is all so exciting! I can hardly believe it's really happening! :happydance:

It really is so exciting!! When you really take it in and enjoy the experience, it puts you on :cloud9: Thanks to Karen, I've hoped on that train too and started looking online at different baby things, furniture in particular, just to give myself confidence and reassurance that this is going to happen, and it's working. Haven't really had a chance to look in stores yet though, I'm pretty sure that is going to be so much fun when I do :happydance:
As far as girl names, I was thinking of sticking with those initials because my hubby's initials RC and mines AC, so I was going with RAC whether boy or girl. That's really the only guideline I had. As long as it has beautiful meaning to it I'm okay with it. I tried looking online yesterday for names, but none stuck out to me. Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough..

Ladies, I have to vent. Talked to the clinic back home on post and they said "We will inform you good about pregnancy on your first appointment and then we do your ultrasound when you are back." - which is end of september, and I will be 14 weeks by then! I am so mad at them, so I'll go to an OB gyn and pay for the ultrasound myself. And on top of that my dog was acting up so bad today and ate stuff in the yard and when I scolded her and wanted to get her away from it that little brat bit me! :( I am heartbroken because she's my fur baby but I guess I have to be stricter with her.

Sorry you're having a tough day today, klink! I hope it will get better for you. That's frustrating about the ultrasound wait. I hope you will able to get one sooner!

HopingCarter, I'm glad you're feeling positive!! :thumbup:

I am soooo hungry today. I just ate lunch and I already can't wait for dinner, haha. I'm making fish tacos with corn and black beans... and of course, plenty of cheese. Mmm... Cheesy things have been my #1 craving for sure!

Yes like I said I will just go to the doc here and pay for it myself. Stupid clinic :/ Oh I am always hungry too and tired!

Wow klink! That sucks you have to spend your own money OR wait!! Sept???!!! I would be too paranoid to wait that long too. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do lol. Hope you get your money's worth then

I am going to 3rd that hunger notion, I feel so empty right now :( The crazy part is I TRIED to eat. I usually love noodles so much, but today was a NO GO! They tasted so gross in my mouth. I immediately spit them out. Lately chinese food has been my safe haven, but I don't even crave that right now :nope: This baby is making me weird :wacko:

Ha I would be glad if I had symptoms like that. The only symptoms I have so far is being emotional, sore breasts (only on the bottom and the inner sides and nipples, and only if I touch it or push down on it lol) and this damn fatigue. Oh and I eat more. But that's about it. I'd gladly take morning sickness or weird cravings :( And today I also had a sharp pain on the lower left side of my abdomen and it scared me to death. But now it's gone and no spotting or bleeding.

My back is absolutely KILLING me... I can barely stand up or sit down or bend over without shooting pains radiating out from my lower back. As long as it's a healthy symptom tho, I'll take it.

Just spoke with the midwife clinic today... is $3200 for whole entire pregnancy, including the birth.. is that expensive? i don't have insurance, and it also doesn't include ultrasounds.. those are an extra $200.. is that a fair price? During my previous pregnancies, before i was married, i qualified for free ultrasounds and visits, so I haven no idea what things should be costing... Im in USA, California

Ok, just did some research.. AND.. there are FREE U/S clinics here!! So booked my first ultrasound for next week, tuesday!! Fingers super crossed that this is a healthy viable pregnancy

klink, try searching for free ultrasound clinics, you may be surprised, and the one I am going to does them at 6week minimum... no need to wait until Sept, maybe!

My back is absolutely KILLING me... I can barely stand up or sit down or bend over without shooting pains radiating out from my lower back. As long as it's a healthy symptom tho, I'll take it.

Just spoke with the midwife clinic today... is $3200 for whole entire pregnancy, including the birth.. is that expensive? i don't have insurance, and it also doesn't include ultrasounds.. those are an extra $200.. is that a fair price? During my previous pregnancies, before i was married, i qualified for free ultrasounds and visits, so I haven no idea what things should be costing... Im in USA, California

That actually sounds like a fair price to me, especially for us US citizens
I've heard people that had to pay over $25000 for the entire pregnancy so I think $3400, with the ultrasounds included is not bad at all!! But, do the state of California not have any programs for mothers to be that don't have insurance?? I know for me and my hubby we make too much to get the insurance through the state where u don't have to pay anything, but they do have another program where we can get visits, scripts, and the birth, even birthing classes for a GREAT discount when u don't have insurance. Or is that what you're doing already?

Didn't see your post LOL! We posted a minute apart

I'm not exactly sure what California offers for pregnant women with no insurance... we also make too much to qualify for the free program, and based on how much insurance is ($250/mo PLUS the hospital co-pays and lab fees.. which is freaking ridiculously expensive) compared to the midwife program, I think its a great deal also.

one thing tho, the ultrasounds are NOT included in the package, those are an additional $200 each.... but I did just find a clinic here that offers them for FREE, so Im thinking of doing the midwife program for the 3200, and the free ultrasound clinics.

Thanks for the perspective, Carter! :)

They don't have clinics like that in Germany, unfortunately. But it's ok. An ultra sound is not that expensive. It's like 40EUR which is like $60. So not that bad :) I'll call the insurance today though to see what kind of plans they have. If they don't have anything good, I'll just pay for it. They wouldn't do a lot of tests anyways on our post. So I guess it doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->