Expecting after miscarriage number 2...but...

gingercat

Reaction score
So I miscarried baby number 2 on June 1st. I was just over 5 weeks pregnant. As soon as I stopped bleeding hubby and I started ttc again. Got a BFP on July 7th but.....had a teensy bit of spotting the same day. Couldn't even enjoy my BFP as both my previous miscarriages began like this....so went straight to the emergency department and they tested by HCG levels which were 111 which is okay for a pregnancy between 2-4 weeks and she said that the bit of spotting was nothing to worry about, probably implantation bleeding. I had an internal scan but she couldn't see anything but she said that could be because it is too early. Told be to come back in 48 hours (this morning) and they would check my HCG levels again which should be doubling. Went back and HCG levels had only risen by 70...again she said that does not indicate a failing pregnancy for sure. They insisted on scanning me again (different Doctor) but they didn't find anything in either womb or tubes...still no definitive answers....have to go back in a weeks time to check HCG levels again. Praying this time we will have good news. Today was so hard on both of us...waiting around for hours in the hospital. I'm praying that all the worry will be worth it. I'm trying to remain optimistic because I know that if I hadn't had two miscarriages already I probably wouldn't have even noticed the spotting...not even enough to mark my pants...only a slight bit of brown when I wiped. (sorry for too much info!) I'm not naive enough to think everything will definitely work out but I feel different this time and am really hoping for the best. What are your thoughts ladies? Anyone else have similar HCG levels slowly rising and then have everything work out? Spotting has stopped altogether now. Not sure exactly how pregnant I even am because we were ttc a lot this month. :winkwink: and not sure when I ovulated as it was after a miscarriage so I may have ovulated later then my usual 28 day cycle. All advice gratefully appreciated as always! xxx

Gingercat I suggest asking for a progesterone blood test to see where u are at. If it's low it can be treated. I only say that because that seems to be my issue. Just thought it would be something worth looking into. In the meantime, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->