Experience on metformin?

borr.dg.baby

Mom of 2 and pregnant!
Reaction score
I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was very young and have been on metformin before due to insulin resistance but at the time I was on bcp as well.

The insulin resistance went away and I conceived my daughter naturally on our second month trying.

We have been trying for baby #2 for over 7 months now and I was diagnosed with insulin resistance again, and put on metformin again. :wacko:

Anyone have any experience getting pregnant with metformin? :thumbup: I was ovulating but my cycles were really short and an ultrasound last month revealed the follicles I was ovulating from were really small so most likely didn't contain eggs and weren't good for pregnancy.

Anyways, please share any experience on getting pregnant with metformin :thumbup:

I conceived both my children whilst taking metformin 500mg 3 x daily....I had tried 9 months with my 2nd with no success , i went on metformin for 1 month and i got pregnant.

Thank you, did you stsrt on that dose? I am only talking one 500mg a day.

I am up to 4, 500mg pills a day. I didn't have any tummy issues so the doctor said to increase as soon as I want. I now wonder why she started me on so much.

Hey there! It's lily from the August fb group! I bet you want to read answers on this too :) I haven't had any tummy issues either but this is the dose I got for 3 months until my next check up

I thought I remembered your screen name. I am so ready to be pregnant again.

After 6 years of "unexplained" infertility, countless IUIs and 4 IVFs to get our son, we conceived our daughter naturally after 3 months of metformin 1500 mg daily. It's my miracle drug! Now trying for #3 and on 2000 mg daily. :winkwink:

I started on 500mg in initially for a week then 1000mg for 2 weeks then 1500mg which was my dose..due to the side effects. It really did affect me ...It is an amazing drug and defo worked for me ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->