Experience with high protein in urine before 20 weeks?

DaisyAnne

Reaction score
hi! :hi: Just wondering if anyone has experience with having high/slightly high protein in urine before 20 weeks?

I had pre-eclampsia with my son and had to be induced a week early, and they've told me I have about a 25% chance of developing pre-e again this time. They are keeping close watch on where blood pressure and protein in urine starts and how it progresses. I did a 24 hour urine collection test (not my favorite!), and they called to tell me the protein was a little high, so I need to do it again in a month. I know you don't technically develop pre-e until after 20 weeks, so just wondering if there's any meaning to having extra protein in your urine at this point??

Not sure, but wanted to follow. I had pre-e the first go around too. The 24 hour urine collection is the pits!

Are y'all being put on baby aspirin? I guess that can reduce the risk of recurring pre-e in subsequent pregnancies... I hope it turns out to be nothing!!!

Hi, I would think that your kidneys are just overloaded a bit, or if you are eating a very high protein diet.

You can develop pre-e before 20 weeks in rare cases. I know someone who lost their baby to pre-e/hellp at 16 weeks. I think it can also be tail end of infection and nothing to worry about.. They are checking you again and keeping a close eye on you which is good :)

I have protein in my urine kept thinking uti but turns out its just me as I also have white blood cells as well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->