Experienced Mommies... how far along were you when you had your first?

mkyerby16

Reaction score
Hey! Just curious when you experienced mommies went into labor with your first babies! I know everyone is so different and there's no way to tell, but I just thought it'd be interesting to see if most were about the same. Also what was your first sign of labor? Ftm here almost 31 weeks just curious to see what other's experiences were. I've had sooo many people say "oh this is your first? yeah you'll definitely go past your due date" Then bc of my petite size (I'm 5'2") I've had people say "oh there's no way your going to make it to your due date". I know there's no way to know though! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Hi,

With my DD, I really grew impatient by the end of it, but I was lucky to go past my due date by only one day. I would do brisk walks every night to try to make things happen. [I think either that, or doing the deed brought on my labour...:blush:]

My earliest sign of labour was losing my mucus plug about four/five days before. Then my water broke during the night of my due date. My labour was only 7 hours from my water breaking to baby in my arms.

Good luck! Its traumatic, but the end result is worth every second!!

I am 5ft 1in and i was always huge and people used to always say that Lol.

With my first 41weeks 1day.
Second 41 weeks 2 days.
Third 38 weeks 6days.

41 weeks 2 days.. I was induced. Edited to add, I'm 5'7"

36 weeks 5 days. Water broke. I'm 5' 3"

I'm tallerr 5'8

I went into labor at 6pm at 40+4 with my first, had her the morning of 40+5 after 12 hours of established labor. My labor started as regular contractions that never went away and got increasingly closer and stronger, by the book!

With my second, my water broke at 6:30pm at 38+6, i had him at 8:01pm the same day after 1.5 hours of established labor. My water broke with him immediately, and contractions set in instantly 2 minutes apart, I was at 7cm 30 minutes after it broke and delivered another hr later with no time for guests, a dr, or pain meds! He was more of the labor you see in movies!! :haha:

I gave birth on 40+3 (scan date, but bang on due date based on my LMP date)

First sign was cramping and bloody show.

With my DD I was tired and emotional the whole day at 38 weeks exactly. Lower back pain and period like cramps. Then I had frequent tightenings, but first stage of labor lasted more than 12 hours. Had a c-section next morning and at around 7am they got more intense that I couldn't talk through them and had to breathe. To add, I had run-up BH/contractions for the previous 5 weeks on and off that where intense. They would go on for an hour or two at 5 mins apart and then stop just to return later on and repeat the process.

I'm 5'3" and I was so sure I would go over but I had my daughter at 38+4! To be honest height isn't an indicator as I've had small friends go over...

I had no signs of labour apart from a period cramp earlier that day which I thought nothing of! My waters went in the middle of the night but I had to wait hours for contractions to start!

My active labour was classed as 6 hours! Which is fab for a first time labour!

38 weeks. MIL is petite and had both of her boys at 35/36 weeks, so it might have something to do with early delivery? I'm normal sized though, so don't know why LO was early.

41 + 2.

I was induced as he didn't make an appearance on his own.

I woke up at 1am in labour at 40+5 and gave birth at 1am at 40+6.
I woke up to the contractions. Not intense but I could feel something. I had no signs that it would happen. Only started losing my mucus plug quite a few hours after contractions started. My waters had to be broken for me after 19 hours.

Thanks for sharing so far ladies! It's interesting to see how different everyone is! I'm such a planner and like to be overly prepared for everything so labor and I might not get along too well. :haha:

I was induced at 39+2 for high blood pressure. But she didn't come til 39+5 after a c-section. If I would have went on my own I bet I would have been well over due. I'm 5'2"

I had a show at exactly 38 weeks and my waters broke at 3.30am next morning followed by intense contractions. I was fully dilated by 8am at the midwife changeover and ended up pushing for nearly four hours before he was born at 11.50 with ventouse and episiotamy.

I was 38wk + 2 days when my water broke… I’m 5’7”… The nurses actually were teasing me saying that my son was a barometric pressure baby since we had a strong storm that evening which they said might have set my labor in motion.

I had my ds bang on his due date at 40 weeks. My water went at 6am the day before and contractions started slowly and increased in intensity and length. I went to hospital at 3.30am when contractions became unbearable and I was almost 10cm! I jumped into the birthing pool which was amazing for pain relieve, had some gas and air, and he was born at 5am (2 pushes). My active labour was classed as 1hr 18 mins but that's only because I didn't show up to hospital until almost having him. I didn't have a show before hand, no bh, no clear out , nothing. Just waters going and then contractions starting. Best experience ever, can't wait to do it again this time 😊👍😊x

I was 38+3 weeks. Woke up with strong contractions out of the blue, lost mucus plug throughout the day and then waters broke early next morning and I gave birth that day.

My first was born at 41+2 (sorry)! Lol. It was a 22 hour labour. My second was born at 39+5 and it was a 2 hour labour. Good luck!

On my due date I got pain that was pretty much exactly like period pain. It slowly progressed to contractions, but they were rather ineffective. Went to the hospital that evening and was sent home. I was 1cm dilated. I didn't sleep at all that night because the contractions were getting more and more uncomfortable. Went back to the hospital that afternoon and this time they kept me because I seemed to be leaking fluid. That evening they gave me the epidural, broke my waters and gave me pitocin. After this I went from 2 cm to 10 cm within an hour. Baby was born at 12:25 am at 40 weeks and 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->