Experienced Mommies... how far along were you when you had your first?

41+1 and had him at 41+2. I felt like it would never happen! This time around, because my son's birthday is exactly at the point where I will be 38w, I am hoping it's on time or even late again :haha:

They broke my waters at 41 weeks and I gave birth on the same day. I'm pretty much expecting to go over this time too hopefully.

Edit: oops, I'm about 5'4"

Everyone assumed I would have my last one early. I finally had her at 10.33pm at 40+12. Even that was with a bit of extra help from artificially ruptured membranes and a hormone drip!

I had my 1st at 42 weeks, no signs as I was induced. I'm 5ft 2 and had a massive bump (he weighed 9lb15oz) and got the "oh you'll never make it to your due date" all the time. My MW told me my size wouldn't impact when I delivered but when I said this to people they'd say "we'll see :smug:", annoying!

I had a TON of Braxton Hicks from the second trimester on... some were even rhythmic... started to efface at around 36 weeks... lost some of my plug at 37 weeks. I thought for sure I was going to go at least a little early but nope I went into labor at 40 weeks and 5 days (very anxious by that point and afraid of induction)!! and had her at 40 weeks and 6 days. I started to have contractions that didn't feel much different than Braxton Hicks/period cramps at 8am but they were very regular... about every 5 minutes or so.. started to time them at around 5pm when I got home from work and they got gradually more painful.. oh yes I knew it was happening-ow!, I had to walk through them.. couldn't really concentrate on anything else....but even then I was STILL scared I was going to get sent home haha. I went to the hospital at 11pm and was 4cm in active labor. My waters broke on their own sometime around 5-7cm. After a long night of labor (but then an epidural! what a life saver!) I delivered her at noon the next day.

Good luck! It is an intense experience and very physical- but so amazing at the same time. Nothing can really prepare you... but you will do great and get through it and feel like a completely different person afterwards-like you can take on anything! I can't wait to do it again (but that may be labor amnesia talking ha)

p.s. they say you can get an idea by how your mother's births were. My mom had all 3 of her babies past her due date, so maybe there is some truth to that.

My firstborn came at 40+4 after a 2 day labour! I was surprised she was so punctual, I was convinced she was going to be a 42 weeker. I have a section planned for 39+2 this time, due to baby being frank breech.

39 + 1 with dd1 when labour started she was born on 40 exactly,
With dd2 labour started and ended on 39 exactly.

Both times I had false labour, not sure when in conjunction with actual labour though. With dd2 I had the "clear out" I've heard about earlier in the afternoon and my water broke around 130am.
Dd1 contractions just started after supper and that was that lol.

I'm 5ft 4inch and with my first went into labor 39w 5d (at night) and had our daughter in the morning at 39w 6d at 8:01 AM. I personally believe I'll follow my mom with any of my children because her and my pregnancies are SO much alike. Her first she went into labor at 39w 5d and gave birth that night. Her second (me) I came at 36w 6d. And I am one that has strong intuition and I strongly believe this baby will be here between 37-38 weeks. Though I know I Have to talk to my doctor still about possibly early induction since he doesn't want me to have another large baby. (9lbs 3 oz, 22 inches). And people who say babies tend to match weight of what mom and dad are, ha! I was 6 lbs 9 oz (finally looked it up XD) and DH was 7 lbs 2 oz.

I voted for 40, but Violet was born 3 days before her due date, so it was more like 39 and a half.

Well, according to my ultrasound date, I was 38+1. They counted 39+1 because they went by my LMP. So, anywhere from 1-2 weeks before my due date.
I don't know if I had a lot of signs. Can't remember when I lost my mucus plug. I was dilated to 3 cm at 36 weeks. At my 38 week appointment, my doctor said the baby would come in a few days. She said my bag of waters was bulging and wouldn't hold much longer. My water broke 4 days later. That was really my only sign that I knew of. When I got to the hospital and was hooked up to the machine, I discovered that what I thought had been my son getting into a balled up position were actually contractions. I'd been having that all day that day.

I'm 5'7" and I have a long torso. :)

Well ladies I've now made it to 37 weeks. He's definitely dropped and his head is sooo low and hitting on my cervix but last week I was 50% effaced and only 1/2 cm dilated and on Thursday I was 60% effaced and hadn't dilated anymore. I know I've still got a few weeks to go, but I'm nervous bc my mom effaced yet never made much progression with dilation and had to have a C-section with me.

I had my first on his due date (and number 2 on his due date as well). First sign was random contractions which I thought were bh followed by bloody show and then contractions properly kicked in

1st was 13days late
2nd was 7days early
3rd was her due date
4th was 5days early
Xxxxxxx

I was induced at 38+3 as i am diabetic, my bp was higher than they would have liked and my growth scan at 38 weeks showed low fluid around lo.

Stalking this thread. 40+1 and in need of some hope & reminders that pregnancy doesn't last forever!

I was induced at 41+3 and I'm 5'3". Not dilation no progress what so ever. I never thought it was going to end lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->