experienced OPKers, remind me please....?

boppy

DP 46, me 37, DD almost 1
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I used OPKs for 4 years (IF with unexplained). In the end my marriage didn't work out, and I conceived my DD with my new partner without assistance (something I am grateful for every day).

Now we are TTC #2. Cycle 1 after stopping the mini pill, and I promised myself this cycle I would just ride through and not actively TTC to try and get things back to normal. Fat lot of good that self advice did! I am already obsessing about things 15 days into TTC. This is NOT good for me - I swear it was stopping TTC, stopping OPK's, etc that meant I ended up PG at all, but for some reason I just can't stop myself again.

I already had some IC cheapy OPK's and they've been beckoning me for days, but I have held back. We haven't managed to DTD as I've been really poorly with a cold (so not exactly an attractive option!). HOWEVER, I would normally O around now (I'm CD 15 today. 14/15 is normal for me to O). Today I've had too much thinking time and had an attack of the regrets about not OPKing before, not pushing the DTD issue, and knowing in the next 2 weeks waiting for AF I will regret it if we didn't just give it a shot at roughly the right time.

So stupid me tested anyway today. I've had 3 days of fertile CM, and yesterday had lots of O twinges. I normally get quite pronounced O pain, but today I feel more like I do the day after O, when I feel a bit achey on the side which I O'd from, and a bit bloated.

From memory, for me, I would get an OPK line building gradually for about 4 days. Then I would get a really strong line and O the next day. If I tested again the next day there would be barely even a hint of a line at all, sometimes it would be stark white.

My OPK today shows a faint shadow. Not strong enough to be a line building up IMHO (and too late in the cycle for it to be that faint doing that) so I am guessing it's a post-o OPK and we missed the boat.

Does anyone else agree/experience that is how the tests tend to go? Slow build up, one strong day, then almost instantly after O the line pretty much dissapears rather than fading back away?

Hope I make some sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"